Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a adjustable but plate like the one Keith heeg used. It added about 1/2 inch to the length

·
Registered
105 Posts
+1 for anything SPS.

They seem to have the best availability for adjustable plates.

Good luck and break them all!

John

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,040 Posts
SPS Braun through the pad adjustable. Installed five or more with the necessary Microcell to achieve the desired length of pull.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a Gracoil on one gun and Tron just put an adjustable butt plate on my KX 6. The difference between the two is this: To adjust the Gracoil the recoil pad has to come off, and the one on the KX 6 is loosened through the recoil pad. If you're looking for position adjustment only the Gracoil is a PITA,

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,040 Posts
I have a Gracoil on one gun and Tron just put an adjustable butt plate on my KX 6. The difference between the two is this: To adjust the Gracoil the recoil pad has to come off, and the one on the KX 6 is loosened through the recoil pad. If you're looking for position adjustment only the Gracoil is a PITA,
That's why I use the Braun from SPS. It's super easy to adjust the pad position with no need to remove the pad. I've never had one loosen either.
I agree with the Gracoil being a PITA to adjust, my Zoli has one.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought the SPS through the pad plates but never used it. I was a big fan of the Jones style adjusters. Have one on my current setup and my old Ljutic. Well made products!

I ended up in the process of making my own plate to mount the pad to so I can take the stock off the receiver without messing with the adjustments when I need to change out firing pins or need any work done to the receiver. Drill a hole through the pad, and access the stock bolt directly.

Good luck and break them all!

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts