Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen in a few photos that some of the adjustable combs use a plastic ring/washer to adjust the height of the cheek piece. This system appears it will work better than the set factory screws my BT-100 uses.

Can the plastic washer be used for my BT-100 and where may I find them?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Adj. Comb

You can get plastic washers of various sizes at hardware stores that will work just fine. As to if it will work on your BT, im not sure.---Matt

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Adj. Comb

My True Value hardware has Nylon washers in the plumbing department and they do work.

Ed Yanchok

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Adj. Comb

Go down to the "For Sale" section and there is some "For Sale" right now.---Matt

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adj. Comb

Thanks for the replies everyone. I should have thought about the nylon washers, that only makes sense.

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
Adj. Comb

Ace Hardware has them in two colors and about 20 sizes. At $.15 a pop you can prolly afford the nylon. I splurged and got a bunch the right size and dif thicknesses for Jack West posts in both colors. Seems like I got outta there for less than a couple bucks still. I think I'm gonna mix the b/w 1/16"ers for that custom whiteline spacer look hahahaha

Charlie

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adj. Comb

<i>Ace Hardware has them in two colors and about 20 sizes. At $.15 a pop you can prolly afford the nylon. I splurged and got a bunch the right size and dif thicknesses for Jack West posts in both colors. Seems like I got outta there for less than a couple bucks still. I think I'm gonna mix the b/w 1/16"ers for that custom whiteline spacer look hahahaha</I>

Charlie you mentioned that Ace has these washers in different thicknesses. I found nylon washers that fit my gun, but they were only one color (which is fine), but only one thickness, 1/8". Can you clarify where in the store you found these?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Adj. Comb

Dennis Devault @ devault industries sells some. Color coded for size and they fit like a glove. That way you can just put on of the appropriate size under the comb and presto. Never have to worry about counting washers, plus they look nice.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Adj. Comb

Aircraft AN washers...machined to thicknesses of 1/8", 1/16", 1/32" and 1/64"; made of aluminum or plated steel; available in ID from 1/4" to 1" in 1/16" increments; available at any aircraft service facility (airport); cheap.

MK

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Adj. Comb

Thanks Scoot for the information. At $29,including shipping, I guess you have pay to play.

·
Registered
11,447 Posts
Adj. Comb

Plain old stainless steel flat washers, or rubber washers from the hardware store.

My posts are right at 3/8"

·
Registered
11,447 Posts
Adj. Comb

Plain old stainless steel flat washers, or rubber washers from the hardware store.

My posts are right at 3/8"

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Adj. Comb

*ring* *ring*....Hello?....Hi, can you <I>comb</I> over and play?

I kill myself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.