Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a used 682 combo. I was shooting a Beretta X-trap topsingle that weighed 9 lbs 3 oz. This gun weighs 8 lb 11 oz. I would like to bring the weight of the Unsingle up about 8 oz
Anyone have any experience with this? Any ideas? Must be a way to accomplish this?
Joe O

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hoping for something a little more between my hands but that is an idea.
Joe O

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, that looks like a more attractive and better option. Thanks you.
Joe O

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He says he can't do it on a current model 682 unsingle. Looks like you could replace the plastic parts in forearm with the brass ones, oh well....
Any other ideas?
I'll have to explore weight in the stock.
Joe O

·
Registered
530 Posts
Have you considered adding lead tape? Maybe inside of where the forend joins the barrel?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello: I have shot both and owned both early and late 680 series unsingles. Shoot the gun some more to see if you really want the added weight. I ended up liking the lighter weight of the new style unsingle more than the old one. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
168 Posts
I place a 4" x 5/8" bolt in the stock of mine. Drilled a hole on one end of the bolt for easy removal and wrapped it with tape until it was snug and didn't move around. Added about 5oz and because it so close to my shoulder I don't notice any difference on the perceived barrel weight or the balance of the gun.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After seeing the brass barrel weights I did a little work on my own and there is enough room in the plastic spacers in the forearm to place a strip of lead(decoy anchors) on each side. It gets the weight and feel back to almost the same as the top single I was used to. I will give it a try. Is the lead tape you mention available at golf shops? That may fit a little better than these weights but so far I think I'm on to something here. A little something in the stock and we should be good to go!
Joe O

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yup. Golfsmith.com or Amazon.com. Just search for lead tape. Plenty of options.

·
Registered
410 Posts
stop at any tire shop and get a couple strips of lead stick on wheel weights. They come in strips, segmented in 1/4 oz increments .Sean

1 - 15 of 15 Posts