Trapshooters Forum banner

Adding K80 Wood to K32

1557 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  reyper
I acquired a nice older K32 (serial# 3###) and want to swap out the wood set to one that I was told came off a K80 (should be a #3 sporting) that provides a better overall fit vs the current wood.
However, when I slide on the K80 stock it doesn’t sit flush anywhere around the receiver; it’s close but there are gaps. Is this to be expected? I don’t have the stock bolted on in the pictures. I assumed it would initially be a much tighter match up. I’m also attaching photos of how the current stock sits when only hand positioned (not bolted on).
I’m questioning before investing much more time & $ in the project whether the wood simply won’t fit or may be reasonably fitted by a competent gunsmith. Thanks in advance for your input. The first set of attached photo will be with the new wood (lighter in color), the second set with the original wood (K32 red).
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,394 Posts
Changing to K-80 wood set on a M 32 is not a simple bolt on swap. There are minor stock head differences that require inletting changes that need to be addressed by a competent 'smith and should be glass bedded as well to alleviate any risk of cracks in the future. The other issue is to replace the M 32 trigger guard with a K-80 guard. Without the guard change there will be an ugly gap in the wood at the rear of the trigger guard tang due to different design of the two guards. Those who tell you to just fill in this gap with something have zero taste, as a fine gun deserves better.

· Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Bossbasi is correct in what he wrote.
You will also realize the shape of the tail end of the receiver is shaped differently (where the stock bolt threads in) comparing K32/K80.
Have a qualified person do it (right) for you!
Paul in Virginia

· Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like a manageable project then. I was hopeful to do all this locally but will likely ship it off to have fitted. These really are nice guns and debated going w/a K32. As you said Bossbasi a fine gun deserves doing it right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.