Trapshooters Forum banner

Adding a rib question

1279 Views 12 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  redudley
I'm looking at buying an add-on rib for my ciroti 725 sportings so I can change the POI depending on whether I'm shooting trap or skeet the stock height fits me now so would it be ok to buy the rib or would I need an adjustable buttstock first? thanks. (my comb is not adjustable)
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
2,314 Posts
You really need an adjustable comb before you start messing with rib height. However, if your gun fits exactly now, and you raise the rib straight up flat and level, you might get away with it. In other words going from a standard sporter to a mid high rib sporter. I’ve had both and currently own the low rib now, but it fits and I have an adjustable comb. My sporter shoots slightly high right now and I could add a rib and adjust the comb to dial it in. But without the ability to adjust the fit that would be a deal breaker for me. Final answer, leave it alone or get an adjustable comb gun.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking at buying an add-on rib for my ciroti 725 sportings so I can change the POI depending on whether I'm shooting trap or skeet the stock height fits me now so would it be ok to buy the rib or would I need an adjustable buttstock first? thanks. (my comb is not adjustable)
Also can anyone link me to a site where i can buy the stock with adj. comb itself or do I need to buy a whole new gun?

· Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Also can anyone link me to a site where i can buy the stock with adj. comb itself or do I need to buy a whole new gun?
Look up Tronspace Stockworks on this forum. He goes by Tron and is a prolific poster. He does the best work all around. Don’t tell him I’m bragging on him though. He already wears a crown. Look him up, you will see.

· Banned
1,793 Posts
The best advice is to put an adjustable comb on which will allow you to experiment with POI's to your heart's content .

There are also adjustable add-on ribs that will allow the same thing.

You can certainly change the POI with a non-adjustable add-on rib, but it has to be tapered. It's not a trivial thing to figure out the degree of taper, but it can be done.

You can spend a lot of money for a hard-earned education in POI's ... or you can experiment and learn for practically free if you're that kind of DIY'er. You'd need to make a rib that tapers down from back to front. And then you'd need to add some sort of comb riser so that your eye is elevated to see over the new rib.

Once you've managed to add a rib and comb and raise your POI 2-3" higher than your sporting POI you'll know a lot about the subject. However, it still won't be convenient to switch back and forth between games.

That's why it's such good advice to 1) have an adjustable comb on or 2) buy another gun.

· Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Putting an adjustable comb on a fairly flat shooting skeet gun should allow you to raise your point of impact by merely raising the comb. I know several skeet and sporting shooters who use adjustable combs so they can use the same gun for trap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.