Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 30 inch superposed lighting trap that is a bit to light for me I used to heavier 32 inch barrels. What is the beat way to add weight preferably under the forend?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have a 30 inch superposed lighting trap that is a bit to light for me I used to heavier 32 inch barrels. What is the beat way to add weight preferably under the forend?
Not sure can be done under the forearm. My Broadway had the push button that releases the forearm all the way through the forearm from front to receiver. Suggest you add wt. in a clamp on wt. onto the barrel. You can adjust the feeling by moving the wt. forward or backward to get the desired "feel". Sold that gun 30 years ago. Sellers remorse still. GREAT shooter. DO NOT ever locktite that rod that goes through the forearm. I did and Browning had to drill it out i think as it would turn and then spring back before it would come loose. Not sure what they did.

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
If your looking to add weight to your barrels, lead tape is the best in my opinion. No sustained weight in an isolated position but rather an even distribution through the entire length infront of forearm.

·
Registered
119 Posts
There's a guy here or on shotgun world that manufactures brass inserts that run various lengths along the mid rib where the barrels are soldered together. I'll post again if I find a link.

I've been considering buying a 30 or 32 Superposed inch and would appreciate if you could expand on your experience with both. The internet mystic surrounding the Superposed with lots of comments like "the perfect balance and feel thanks to thin wall Belgian barrels" is repeated over and over makes me wonder why you want to add weight and disturb the"perfect symbiosis between gun and man". Or so the internet says.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The Belgium guns do balance great and feel different than the citori. Like you said the barrels are slightly thinner and fixed chokes attribute to that as well. I haven’t owned a citori with fixed chokes so I can’t compare in that department. The feel from the superposed to the cx or a xt is much different the superposed isn’t near as muzzle heavy just my personal opinion but I would recommend the 32 inch Belgium gun and 30 inch citori. The 30 inch superposed swings fast for me but it’s different from person to person it’s just what your used to.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
If your looking to add weight to your barrels, lead tape is the best in my opinion. No sustained weight in an isolated position but rather an even distribution through the entire length infront of forearm.
Works really good if you plan on leaving it on. Had this on several of my guns for years. Can be a REAL bitch to remove after time. Almost took a torch (kidding) to take off my S/S when i sold it. Sure worked good though.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Check/google Brownells and cerrosafe .... the best thing I've ever found for weighting barrels under the forend. Pricey but infinitely resuseable. A little modeling clay for dams, some blue painters tape for non-stick areas, and molten cerrosafe (melts in hot water) lets you make removable weights for between the barrels.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks I’ll check out the brass weighs if they can’t be made for the superposed I’ll go with the lead tape.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts