Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone advise me on what two sided tape to use to install an add on rib?
Thank you very much. Bud

·
Well known trouble maker
2,837 Posts
Just give Joe or Ray a call at ADD-A-Rib and they will hook you up.

And knowing them, it probably won't cost you anything because that is the type of company they run.

Doc

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Tape is fine if it's already trimmed and installed on the rib. If you're starting from scratch, silicone seal will allow you to reposition the rib to get it perfectly straight; and it doesn't create an ugly gap between the two ribs. Both will hold the rib securely.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I use 3m black silicone sealant. It work very good. If you want to remover the rib just run a piece of fishing line under the rib and it will cut the sealant and the rib will come off. he you have to rub the rest of the sealant off with your fingers.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
silicone is the way to go..

tony

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
BUD give me a call at 631 319 6959 and I will send you a piece of tape for free. Stay away from silicone or epoxy, as we have learned in chemistry class the reaction between 2 chemicals usually ends up bad. And the end result is you will have to end up re bluing the top of your rib. Regards Joe

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I got some epoxy that is the same as used to hold golf club heads on the shank from Marble's years ago.

Still flexible to this day.

HM

·
Banned
996 Posts
You have any of that tape for sale Joe? I could use some for a small cross dominant block I use? Not sure exactly what there called. Would like to get another one.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Joe,

Thank you very much for your generous offer, but I bought a roll. I was not sure which kind to buy because when I googled two sided tape there were so many options. I wanted to be sure I bought the right kind.

Thanks again. Bud

1 - 14 of 14 Posts