Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to put a high rib on my fabarm velocity lr. I shoot only sporting clays so i would like the gun to shoot 50/50 . I made a wood rib .5 in. high and seemed to work well. my question is what company would you recomend and should i get a adjustable or non adjustable rib. thank you for your help. Bob

·
Well known trouble maker
3,203 Posts
For quality and price you just cannot beat addarib.

The only downside I have ever found regarding any transaction with this company is the ability to understand that "yankee speech" dialect when talking to Joe on the phone.:english:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I am wanting to put a high rib on my fabarm velocity lr. I shoot only sporting clays so i would like the gun to shoot 50/50 . I made a wood rib .5 in. high and seemed to work well. my question is what company would you recomend and should i get a adjustable or non adjustable rib. thank you for your help. Bob
I made a wood rib for my mx8 sanded it until I got it to shoot where I wanted. sent the deminsions to addarib, they made it perfect.

jack mc

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Get a fixed rib. It's simpler, lighter, and looks better. Your adjustable comb will take care of the POI setting.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Add a rib all the way. I have put on several for my self and others and all worked out great. Plus Joe at add a rib is a great guy to deal with. Sean

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Joe at Add-a-rib provides a great product and service. I can't imagine how he's able to understand some of the regional dialects such as Bombay. Maybe too much gin of his name? ;)

·
Well known trouble maker
3,203 Posts
I can't imagine how he's able to understand some of the regional dialects such as Bombay. Maybe too much gin of his name? ;)
My dialect consists of a Texas drawl combined with an Ohio twang with a splash of old south Kentucky. Now who could not love that mixture???

Joe, aka Ice Pick, on the other hand presents a melange of New York cab driver combined with just enough sprinkling of mafia speak to make one sit up and take notice.

And if you know what's good for you, never under any circumstances invite him to accompany you to a topless bar. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I've looked at a number of add on ribs and settled on Keensight for the three that I bought.
They will custom make a rib for you to make your POI go up, down or stay where it is.
One thing I like about Keensight is they will taper your ribs thickness to match your existing rib, it's not one thickness for all ribs.
So you can have your add-on rib taper from front to back as well as up and down, great people to work with also.
http://www.keensights.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts