Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put an Add-A-Rib on an old SBT about 4 years ago, and would like to remove it now. What will I need and what's the best procedure.

Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Fishing line and keep lubed with wd 40 The wd 40 will help it cut between double face tape and item being removed. I have used that method to remove molding on cars .Previous reply was right on with spider wire fishing line it seem to cut better

·
Registered
592 Posts
Heat up with a hair dryer before you use fishing line.It helps especially with keen ribs because they are held on with a silicone adhesive. It makes it much easier.The hard part is getting the rib cleaned on your gun due to the grooves on top.PITA !

Joe

·
Premium Member
8,306 Posts
Fishing line and keep lubed with wd 40 The wd 40 will help it cut between double face tape and item being removed. I have used that method to remove molding on cars .Previous reply was right on with spider wire fishing line it seem to cut better
Hey Piney,
You own stock in that junk?
You sound like a walking advertisement for it.
MG

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
While 20 to 30 lb. branded fishing line should work best. You can try using some Dental floss in your home first, if you don't want to spend the 10 plus bucks on fishing line you may never use? Good Luck and don't forget to break em all Jeff

1 - 20 of 23 Posts