Add-A-Rib A+ all the way around. | Trap Shooters Forum
  1. Recently members have been receiving an email about confirming their account. Do not click the link. If you have done so and entered your login information, change your password immediately, and ensure the email address on your account is correct. This is a phishing scam designed to take your login information. Details here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/confirmation-email-warning.694601/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Members are required to have 50 posts before using the Classifieds Area, or PM system to contact. Any subversion of these rules will result in action taken against your account. The rules are posted here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/rules-for-using-the-for-sale-by-members-want-to-buy-want-to-trade-sections.265247/
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Add-A-Rib A+ all the way around.

Discussion in 'Adjustarib.com -Addaribs.com -StockPositioning.com' started by YoungGun08, Feb 11, 2018.

1. YoungGun08

YoungGun08 Member

I bought a gun that i thought fit me but didnt.(ignorance is bliss) I was getting cheek slapped really bad. I am 6'3, 220(Handsome as they come)lol. I was having to bear my tall head down low to get the right sight picture and was bruising my cheek because of it. Not fun at all to shoot. Found out i needed to lift my head up and add some height to my rib so my poi doesnt change. Thanks to some good reads on here i found out i could make a wood rib to stick on my existing rib to test the theory and make sure my poi was where i wanted it and the cheek slap stopped. I added a 1/2 inch of wood to my rib and took it to the range. Poi was good. Went and shot 200 rounds of practice. Cheek slap was gone. Called Joe and ordered my Add-A-Rib. Great customer service. Got it within a week of ordering. Good considerin he is in Ny and im in Ca. Its a well made product and looks slick too! Thanks Joe and crew for the top notch rib!!

Attached Files:

Claybird2, BENCHREST and Troutbum60 thanked this.
  2. Troutbum60

Troutbum60 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. I am considering the same thing for my BT. I am just not quite sure how much extra rib height I need. I will try the wood strip and see what it tells me.

BENCHREST thanked this.
  3. YoungGun08

YoungGun08 Member

I would start small(3/8) and go taller if needed. If you have any questions about the process, call joe at Add-A-Rib and let him know what problems your having. Good luck with your BT!!

BENCHREST and Troutbum60 thanked this.
  4. Troutbum60

Troutbum60 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. I will get a hold of him this week. I am not wanting to change the POI, just get my head in a more upright position.

BENCHREST thanked this.
  5. YoungGun08

YoungGun08 Member

Yea i had the same mission. Hold my head higher but keep my poi where it was. Couldnt be happier with my results.

BENCHREST thanked this.
  6. badbaddog58

badbaddog58 Well-Known Member

Well the rib looks great so i can see where you would be happy and yes thanks for sharing as posting pic's cause not it all put into perspective.

BENCHREST thanked this.
  7. Bombero

Bombero Member

I had to put an Add a Rib on a 20 ga Browning that was slapping my check, causing a bruise. When I decided to get the Add a Rib, I cut some 1/4" strips the width of the existing rib and starting stacking them until I figured it was about right. I taped 3 strips with tape and took the gun out and shot it. No more slap! So, I ordered a 3/8" rib for the gun. Put it on, following the instructions and now it shoots like a dream.

BENCHREST thanked this.
  8. Rsj

Rsj Member

I have one a Bt99 and love it,it really helped .

BENCHREST thanked this.
  9. jsmolar

jsmolar Member

i think i am going to have to try the same thing. i really would like to get about 3/8 higher on my rib. might even go .5". what is the cost on these?

BENCHREST thanked this.
  10. usagi

usagi TS Member

how did you come up with 0.375" when 3 x 1/4 = 0.75 ?

did you mean 1/8" strips not 1/4"?

BENCHREST thanked this.
  11. bill1064

bill1064 Active Member

If you decide to go this way, I'm assuming you have to send in your shotgun to Add-a-Rib to put it on or can it be procured by a gunsmith and put on. I've got an older Beretta that I'd like to consider doing this addition.

BENCHREST thanked this.
  12. BENCHREST

BENCHREST Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Guys there is no need to send me your barrel. If it takes you more than 5 minutes to install I will come out to you. Basic tools needed 1/8" drill bit, corded or cordless drill. Tape, zip ties, shoe laces, hobby clamps, surgical tubing, pastry box cord something to hold the rib to your rib for 24 hours. Joe

13. captrap

captrap Member

I added 5/8 to my BT99 and it works wonderful.

BENCHREST thanked this.
  14. Cggmc

Cggmc Member

Added a 1/2 inch add-a-rib to my bt99. Joe is a great guy and always willing to talk. Quality item and is still on to this day. Live in a extreme hot area. No problems what so ever. Solid company.

Jack R, BENCHREST and captrap thanked this.
  15. piney

piney Member

Want to get one of these but am between clam on and glue any anyone have pros or cons glue vers clamp on?

16. BENCHREST

BENCHREST Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Piney, clamp and glue? Clamp on ribs are for model 12's and other shotguns that have no existing rib. If you need help figuring it out call me. You mentioned clam, that reminds me that it's Friday time for some linguine and clam sauce tonight.

17. piney

piney Member

Add a rib has a double sided tape model and another that claps on to existing rib. I have a Bt 99 but would like a higher rib

18. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Can you make a rib for a BT-99 that is higher in back in order to get a higher POI? Tapered from back to front?

Search tags for this page

add a rib

add a rib shotgun ribs

add a rib test reviews
add on ribs for shotguns
addarib
addarib review

best cameras

news