Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's gun broke down over the weekend. Both of the action bars broke and I cant seem to find anyone locally with parts. I see some on Ebay but just dont care for their anti gun policies. If you have any leads, please let me know.

Thanks,
Craig

· Registered
87 Posts
I bought some on eBay with success; yes eBay has its issues, but many sellers there are pretty good.

Note that there are (at least) 2 versions of the 12ga action bar, they differ in the way the operating lever fits in. There are old levers, then different ones, then the later ones which are universal. One type has a notch on the edge, one type has a dimple for the detent, and the universal ones have both. So the action bar you can buy depends on which lever you have. If you can find an action bar with lever included, that saves you having to deal with this issue. However it is usually best to buy a new action bar, the used ones start to fatigue with use obviously.

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought some on eBay with success; yes eBay has its issues, but many sellers there are pretty good.

Note that there are (at least) 2 versions of the 12ga action bar, they differ in the way the operating lever fits in. There are old levers, then different ones, then the later ones which are universal. One type has a notch on the edge, one type has a dimple for the detent, and the universal ones have both. So the action bar you can buy depends on which lever you have. If you can find an action bar with lever included, that saves you having to deal with this issue. However it is usually best to buy a new action bar, the used ones start to fatigue with use obviously.
Hers is the older one with the detent. Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't thought about the differences.

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have found what I need. Thanks to everyone and a big thank you to sport 303! Rebekah will be back in action. This was the shot her gun broke on. That's what we get for trying sporting clays!
Cloud Plant Sky Shorts Tree

Reactions: Jmreiser
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.