Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please explain to me the difference between K80 ACS unsingle vs Trap Special Unsingle.....I'm looking at making a move to a K gun but I don't think I really want a huge rib on the O/U but also don't want the super flat K80 Trap O/U hence the ACS. Albeit I need to try shooting one again soon to really know.

·
Registered
823 Posts
As the heights go on unsingles, highest is Pro-rib, the trap special, then ACS. Not a big difference on them, the Pro-rib is built to pattern higher than the others.

The ACS, and the "trap special" both have nice balance and an excellent sight picture; the height of the rib is sort of an optical illusion, not really as high from shooting position as it looks from the side. Not much higher than some common guns out there.

Any real differences in performance are due to personal preference, so the idea of a test drive is a good one.

Regards, GAP

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
One other note, the ribs can be interchanged between the Trap Special and Pro Rib, they won't interchange with ACS models.

I agree, shooting them would be best. Call Kemble duPont, you won't find anyone more pleasant to deal with or willing to help get you into what you want, or help get you what need if what you wanted wasn't right.

You may have to wait until after the Florida Chain, because most of their demo guns will be there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I bought a trap special 34" barrel that came with both a trap special rib and a "ACS" rib. Removed and sold the trap special rib and currently using the ACS. So the ACS will interchange with the trap special. The ACS rib lines up with the Pro sporter O/U rib which is a little lower than the trap special O/U barrel.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Which ACS model only adjusts with a wedge? All of the one's I've looked at have the wheel to adjust the top and single barrel, and the under barrel can be adjusted with a different hanger.

·
Registered
823 Posts
The unsingles all used the thumb wheel adjuster. The early Pro-sport, and Pro-skeet used the wedge. My understanding is all models currently use the thumbwheel.

The ACS was a Pro-sport O/U barrel paired to a trap special unsingle; they machined a slightly lower rib on the unsingle to match the height of the Pro-sport O/U. Some of the early ACS may have had the wedge adjuster on the O/U.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts