Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to buy powder again. Have been using International and Longshot. Need to get input on using the solo s1250 have seen in spects that this powder can be used from 7/8 oz to 1 1/8oz loads and from 1250 to 1400 fps in this oz range. Have never used this powder before. Could cut down to 1 powder and 2 wads for my reloading of 1 oz and 1 1/8 oz loads. Thanks Tom

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Yes,I used Solo 1250 one time and one time only.Still have some left.
Shoot some then look down your barrel.Dirty,dirty,dirty.

The loads I shot appeared not to burn up all the powder.

Maybe if I would have loaded other receipes it would have been cleaner.

A friend I shoot with tried it with the same results.

Bocephas

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Like Longshot, this powder needs pressure to work well, so you'll be throwing lead pretty fast. S1250 is quite fluffy, so you will be using large bushings.

AndyH

·
Registered
10,360 Posts
As much as I like 1250 for really heavy loads, it does not download worth a hoot. FORGET ONE OUNCE LOADS. This powder starts working at 25 gr with 1 1/8 oz.

I am going to try Intl' Clays for my go to powder for 12 ga Intl' 24 gram, 1 oz, and HCP loads. The jury is still out.

Unique may be better than Green Dot for those back yard loads.

·
Registered
428 Posts
leadhead358 I use hogdon Titegroup for everything look on the web site and works great with Remington primer and Remington TGT-12 Green wad Also the Nitro 27 1235fps is loaded with that powder. I have great success with it. With the green wad you don't have to buy another wad you can use it for 1oz and 1 1/8 oz loads. Alot cheaper than a slow powder load,from 16.1 to 17.9 .PAT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.