Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just visiting the Hodgdon site a few minutes ago and noticed along with Winchester and IMR, both Accurate and Ramshot brands are represented there. Did Western Powders divest those brands or did Hodgdon gobble up Western entirely?

I wasn’t expecting to see that and hadn’t read anything indicating that might be happening. But I have a short attention span, so nothing should come as a surprise. :rolleyes:

Edit - About that attention thing....a little drilling around and I found this a few clicks away: Hodgdon Powder Company Acquires Ramshot Powder, Accurate Powder and Blackhorn 209 from Western Powders

· Premium Member
8,105 Posts
Keep in mind the supply chain here. The Nitro 100 is made by General Dynamic, Hodgdon is one level above the manufacturer. Once Hodgdon gets it, it then goes to a distributor, say CAC. Then CAC sends it to the retailer. But, CAC also has retail sales.

From my perspective, I'm hoping Hodgdon also picked up the rights to Competition and Solo 1000 and makes efforts to obtain supplies of both. Not holding my breath, though.

Nitro 100 is a very fast but versatile powder. One the same plane as Titewad (looks similar, too). Very deep data charts for Nitro 100.

· Premium Member
8,105 Posts
I just looked on the Hodgdon website at the page for Nitro 100NF and it says "We are in the process of developing loads for Nitro100 – “New Formulation”." I don't like the sound of it. I went and downloaded and saved a copy of the data manual from the prior owner of the brand in case it goes away and in case Hodgdon "abbreviates" it when they go to include it in their online data guide. If anyone else is interested in doing the same, here is a link to it:

http://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/WPHandloading-Guide-7.0-Web-REV.pdf

It has some of the most complete reloading data of any canister shot shell powder out there.

· Premium Member
98 Posts
Desperate for powder, I just ordered an 8 lb keg off of Hodgdon's website an hour ago. It took my order and charged my card, so we will see. I was having difficulty finding any published data but I found enough to feel confident I could figure it out, anyway this download will simplify that. I forgot to add that it was Ramshot Competition powder. Thank you!

· Premium Member
8,105 Posts
Desperate for powder, I just ordered an 8 lb keg off of Hodgdon's website an hour ago. It took my order and charged my card, so we will see. I was having difficulty finding any published data but I found enough to feel confident I could figure it out, anyway this download will simplify that. I forgot to add that it was Ramshot Competition powder. Thank you!
Seriously? They took your order for Competition?

ETA: Now I see why, ~$210 for 8 lbs. Including shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.