·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Academy stopped carrying these?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Academy is scaling down their shotgun ammo. Mostly only Winchester left with a few odds and ends. Monarch was made by Rio and Academy doesn't carry Rio anymore.

Beginning the first of the year, premium ammo has really gone up and is pulling up the promo with it. Ables now up to $99.95/flat for AA. Better continue to reload.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
No kidding! I stopped in an Academy Sport store last week. I haven't been there in probably 4 - 6 months. Shotgun ammo was just about non existent. They had scopes & binoculars on shelves where ammo used to be. Doubt I will go back as I never buy any of their other stuff. Still had a good firearm section though..

·
Registered
10,382 Posts
Academy is scaling down their shotgun ammo. Mostly only Winchester left with a few odds and ends. Monarch was made by Rio and Academy doesn't carry Rio anymore.

Beginning the first of the year, premium ammo has really gone up and is pulling up the promo with it. Ables now up to $99.95/flat for AA. Better continue to reload.
Sadly Academy has gone down hill especially in the Ammo dept. It appears they have pretty much cut back a lot of the shooting sports and gone to more Soccer mom yuppie crap !

·
Registered
77 Posts
I never have any issues finding shells at a couple local stores here in North Texas. I shoot the Winchester 1 oz 1180, I’ll buy #8 for sporting and trap and #9 for skeet. I can’t afford to buy it by the pallet but I can usually get a flat at a time off the shelf and they may have more in the back but I’ve never had to ask.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Academy is out of Estates and the Winchester 1oz won’t be in stock for a week. Not the end of the world but I didn’t have any such problems a week ago

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I usually go to the site, click Shop - Outdoors - Shooting - Ammunition then click on Shotgun Shells then use the "Sort by" in the upper right to sort price (low - high) and the estates will be on the first page. Estate 1oz are $5.49 per box. Add $25+ to the cart and shipping is free, order in multiples of 10 and they send in standard flat case.

·
Banned
2,711 Posts
Cabelas hides some of their AAs as well. I figured it out but it always puzzled me why the AAs I wanted weren't in the regular search string.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I usually go to the site, click Shop - Outdoors - Shooting - Ammunition then click on Shotgun Shells then use the "Sort by" in the upper right to sort price (low - high) and the estates will be on the first page. Estate 1oz are $5.49 per box. Add $25+ to the cart and shipping is free, order in multiples of 10 and they send in standard flat case.
Thanks, that's where I have been making the mistake, but it's worked in the past but not now. I had been doing Google, Academy shotgun shells, and didn't get the page you have - good for you and good for us.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts