Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
Gotta admit...I loved that show. The "Unknown Comic" was my cheapo Halloween costume 2 years running and got lots of laughs.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Gene , Gene the dancing machine . Was a Vietnam combat veteran, who could not find a job . Chuck Barris put him to work . See, Gene lost both legs in Nam. You gotta love Chuck Barris.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Gene , Gene the dancing machine . Was a Vietnam combat veteran, who could not find a job . Chuck Barris put him to work . See, Gene lost both legs in Nam. You gotta love Chuck Barris.
Where did you find that story? I'd like to read about him.

Wikipedia lists him as:

Eugene Patton (April 25, 1932 – March 9, 2015), also known as Gene Patton[2] and more widely known by his stage name Gene Gene the Dancing Machine, was a television personality, dancer and stagehand who worked at NBC Studios in Burbank, California. Patton was the first African-American member of the International Alliance of Theatrical and Stage Employees, Local 33.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Gotta admit...I loved that show. The "Unknown Comic" was my cheapo Halloween costume 2 years running and got lots of laughs.
I distinctly remember the time he did his impersonation of the little girl from "The Exorcist" and spun the bag around and around on his head. Hilarious!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
The Gong Show was best experienced when using an herbal product something along the lines of the stuff one might find in Willie Nelson's tour bus. That's what I've heard, anyway:kos:

·
Premium Member
8,005 Posts
some photo's need no explanation
Whitneys-Big-Girl-Dance-Class-learns-how-to-hula-dance.jpg
or a Gong.

Guess they missed the "If your this big around please don't hula" sign
Aloha

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
My wife likes to watch "The Voice" and similar shows. I tell her they are a lot like "The Gong Show" except "The Gong Show" was entertaining.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
The Gong Show was best experienced when using an herbal product something along the lines of the stuff one might find in Willie Nelson's tour bus. That's what I've heard, anyway:kos:
I'm pretty sure host Chuck Barris used the very same herbal product during filming of the shows. He smiled and laughed from start to finish. Nobody laughs that much without some assistance. :439:

·
Registered
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Gong Show should have been the "Bong Show". Seemed everyone was high on the show. It did not hurt if you were when you watched it. I enjoyed it anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts