Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I remember Blue Magics separating, but about where the wad base sat. I've seen AA's split from one too many reloads.

Reactions: jk80

·
Registered
12,587 Posts
The printing looks worn and hull looks like its been around the block. I have not had any issues like that.
I expect it has been around the block. It "appears to me" too be the first run of AAHS hulls. You Know, The one first run that had the problems with base wad migration!!! So that hull is very old indeed!!! You can't expect plastic to hold up forever. break em all jeff

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have had that happen on a few old style AA’s. One time it happened while shooting a 1100. I heard a metallic ping as it ejected. The head was in the receiver and the hull was sticking out of the chamber.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I would like to see that hull cut in half length wise, looks like it may have base wad migration. A lot of the ones I have seen the primer hole is enlarged like that one

·
Premium Member
7,512 Posts
I expect it has been around the block. It "appears to me" too be the first run of AAHS hulls. You Know, The one first run that had the problems with base wad migration!!! So that hull is very old indeed!!! You can't expect plastic to hold up forever. break em all jeff
Not 1st run. 1st run had a box printed around the "AA." Here, the AA is underlined indicating 3rd gen hull. I believe 2nd gen had no printing around or under the AA.

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I would like to see that hull cut in half length wise, looks like it may have base wad migration. A lot of the ones I have seen the primer hole is enlarged like that one
I snapped those two pictures and gave it back to my buddy.
I would have disected it for sure...

I wish I took a picture of the 'underneath' of the brass.

·
Registered
524 Posts
When I got back into shooting in ‘13 I discovered the AA wad had changed. I was told there was issue with the early ones. So when I reloaded I didn’t let my daughters shoot anything but once fired for fear it could separate and have a major issue. I have since loaded 10’s of Thousands and never had this happen.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have had this happen to me about 4 or 5 times whenever the new AA HS hulls came out and as a result I do not reload the AA HS hulls anymore. I stick with the Remington STS or the older AA hulls when I reload.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts