Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that these shells cannot be used in ATA due to the 3 1/2 dram & 1350 fps. However, my question is will these shells fire in a Bt-99 fine without damaging the gun? That's most what I'd be concerned about.. I'm 6'4" 305, I'm not worried about a little bit of kick!
Thanks,

-ithaca

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
The effects of recoil are accumulative over time. I know many shooters, including myself, who after years of high volume shooting have had various shoulder, elbow or wrist problems because of this issue. Some of these were serious enough that it required surgery or even joint replacement. Just because it doesn't bother you now, don't ignore it's possible long term damage to your body.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Not going to harm the gun or you given the physical description you give of yourself, try them without fear. Think about it, would a company like Winchester risk a law suit?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm a big guy as well and a flat of them left me sore for a day, but they did powder the targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Not going to harm the gun or you given the physical description you give of yourself, try them without fear. Think about it, would a company like Winchester risk a law suit?
RobertT

Everything I said was factual. Physical build and body size has nothing to do with the accumulative effect excessive recoil can have on the human body.

Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away.

·
Registered
900 Posts
A long time ago someone said to me " Don't try to make up for poor shooting by using a bigger bullet". Shooting those brain busters from 30 plus yards may slightly increase your chances of hitting those targets but a hit is still a lot of luck.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A long time ago someone said to me " Don't try to make up for poor shooting by using a bigger bullet". Shooting those brain busters from 30 plus yards may slightly increase your chances of hitting those targets but a hit is still a lot of luck.
I agree you'd still have to know what you're doing to hit the bird. Thanks.

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
1 oz at 1350 f/s is illegal for ATA registered shoots, 1325 is the maximum. 1350 is the maximum with 7/8 oz of shot.

Jason
Seems to be a tad bit of a problem with this. Before the Wally World 4 packs were dropped in price and some other shells became cheaper, the CHEAPEST shells at WM were the 1 oz."Super Speeds" at 1350 FPS. Some people ( usually casual or new to the game shooters) seem unaware that 1325 FPS is the max allowable for 1 oz. loads and these shells are not allowable for ATA events. Personally, I don't really care if people shoot them because, I sure don't see a low antimony shell at high velocity as any kind of advantage but, if I see them, I DO feel obligated to point out that they are not within the rules limits, and if someone else notices it ,they can be disqualified.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts