Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got 1000+ AA once fired hulls for sale. New style 2 cents each. plus shipping from 32162.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Subject: New AA hulls worthless
Email:
Date: Wed, Apr 13, 2011 - 07:27 AM ET
Website Address:

The hulls I am talking about are the AA/Silver bullets with real brass--I don't care-I am no longer reloading.

I care about the safety of my fellow shooters & my safety.

These hulls are totally different than the AA hulls of yesterday.

After yesterday, I won't give them away or sell them--into the trash.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
181 Posts
I regulary reload "new once-fired" grey AA 12 gauge hulls, and have had zero problems. I usually reload about 6 or 8 times, and then discard.

Is anyone experiencing problems?

Jerry

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1100tt- the hulls I was trashing were the first run of the new style hulls--the base wads did migrate in them

Phil Berkowitz

·
2,773 Posts
I have a couple of thousand of the old CF "silver bullets" once fired and about a thousand that I have on hand already loaded up. They are, IMO, the best reloading Winchester hull I've found.

I have had quite a number of the first run of the newer HS hulls, with the AA in a box. I simply mark the base with a felt marker (and segregate them so they are not mixed in with later generations) to remind myself to check the barrel after firing. I just reload them once and drop them. So far, so good. I would not chance them in a semi or pump gun, but, as long as one remembers to check the barrel, they are okay to shoot.

Bob

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a problem with the new hulls buckling when I crimp them after just a few reloads. I have hade them buckle even on the first crimp station. If it matters I have a Lee Load All but have never had any other type or brand of hull do this.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Very informative thread with pictures from Shotgun World forum on this AA hull subject Here...

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=207916

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.