Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to load about two boxes of gray AA shells in my MEC 9000G. The MEC would not de prime the shell, it stopped about 1/2 down, a few Gold Nitro Remington did the same thing. I tried to adjust the de primer rod but it doesn't have any adjustments other than locking it tight.

Does the gray shells have a higher base in them? I have no trouble with any of the other shells I tried to load. I used a MEC Size Master to de prime the shells and then put the shells in the primer station and went on with out no problems.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have had same thing happen the hull is not dropping down all the way in the resizing collet release up an inch or to and push hull down and it should work fine. Perry

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I know if the hull does not drop all the way down, it will appear that the hull is not wanting to deprime. Make sure there isn't a pice of shot in the collett.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I load lots of gray AAs on a 9000 H. It is not the shell. The post that the shell sits on (first station) may be a bit high and therefore does not let the shell lower all the way for the resize. Adjust it down a bit.

You have to loosen the nut on the bottom of the rod that is in the middle of the front, then turn the rod. It will move the fork down that sits under the resize station. When you turn this rod it will also turn your wad guide so you will have to recenter the wad guide. Actually real easy, but a bit confusing.

See page 25 of the manual. http://www.mecreloaders.com/documents/ownermanuals/9000.pdf

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only person having this problem. I've been reloading Gold Remington's, Red AA's and the Gray AA's. ONLY the gray AA's will not drop down far enough in the collet, and when using an Automate, will crush the shell.

I'll try dropping the rod idea and see if that works.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Same basic principle, either lower your plunger or clean out your collet. I have reloaded literally 1000s over the past few week of silver and red AA's with no issues depriming the hull.

Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.