Trapshooters Forum banner

AA 9'S Hdcps

6460 Views 44 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  Charlie Becknell
I was going through some old reloads and came across one of my all time favorites AA Super Handicap loads. Used them on short yardage Hdcps.
Shot them out of my 870TC back in the 80's.
Beverage can Aluminum can Cylinder Drink Drinkware
Beverage can Aluminum can Cylinder Drink Drinkware
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
692 Posts
Thinking about it, I remember attending a Tom Knapp exhibition and later attended a John Satterwhite shooting exhibition and they both used something odd ball like this. Lester

Reactions: vatrap

· Premium Member
8,285 Posts
I was going through some old reloads and came across one of my all time favorites AA Super Handicap loads. Used them on short yardage Hdcps.
Shot them out of my 870TC back in the 80's. View attachment 1743611 View attachment 1743611 View attachment 1743611
It was about 93'-94' when this version was introduced.

Yea I aquired a bunch of these hulls. Not really sure why they would have put out #9
in Super-Handiacap unless some Skeeters wanted them.
Sporting Clays possibly.

· Registered
13,015 Posts
Well I thought I was well informed and I don't miss much but, I gotta admit that one is a new one on me ! Maybe shades of Arnold Reigger who won a couple of major handicaps with # 9s But ,then HE was a lightning fast shooter!

· Premium Member
Brownings
1,219 Posts
have a freiend that had several flats of rem. nitros 3-1/18-8.5. shooting 27 yds at pa. state. he asked me how were his breaks. ( he is a very good hdcp shooter). i didn't have the heart to tell him that they were not good breaks. no smoke balls. i have the top of one of the shell boxes somewhere.
Was he missing any of the shots?

· Registered
475 Posts
I had several boxes of old #9 reloads I used at one time for skeet. Shot them for trap and they broke them just like the 8’s did. It was from the 16 yard line so I suppose it would probably be different from 27 but I like actually hitting targets so to heck with 27 yards anyway [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.