Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I'm considering purchasing a used Multitarget. I'm curious how those of you who shoot them have them weighted both with the cap and in the stock, and where you purchased your weights. I've shot both a relatively unweighted Xcel and a heavily weighted Multitarget. The weighted MT swung much more like my 682 Gold E and I really didn't notice the feel of the action like I did on the Xcel.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Frank

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,288 Posts
Hi Guys,
I'm considering purchasing a used Multitarget. I'm curious how those of you who shoot them have them weighted both with the cap and in the stock, and where you purchased your weights. I've shot both a relatively unweighted Xcel and a heavily weighted Multitarget. The weighted MT swung much more like my 682 Gold E and I really didn't notice the feel of the action like I did on the Xcel.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Frank
Mine only came with the black forend cap. KO in back and no added weight. It’s a bit front heavy. Could use some in the stock probably. I have a 32” barrel, which adds to the front heaviness.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I put Two 12 gauge shotgun shells full of shot in the stock Six and half ounces. Will probably and more but there’s not much room Also removed the kickoff and addEd a adjustable but plate 1/4 pitch spacer to come close to neutral pitch and one inch kick eez recoil pad. Then I replaced the front end cap with a breako ten ounce end cap.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You can buy different weights from Beretta for the front. Check with Graco Corp they make Breako stock weight that fits on stock bolt. They could tell you if it will work with a Kick off system. I've got them in my Beretta A400 20 and 28 gauge and they work greay

·
Registered
535 Posts
You can buy different weights from Beretta for the front. Check with Graco Corp they make Breako stock weight that fits on stock bolt. They could tell you if it will work with a Kick off system. I've got them in my Beretta A400 20 and 28 gauge and they work greay

C&H Also makes a 8oz mercury weight that threads onto the stockbolt, about 3” long. Both the Graco and C&H do a good job also with recoil. I feel the weights that attach to the stock bolt have more of a vibration recoil dampening effect, a bit more with mercury.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts