Trapshooters Forum banner

A300 or 828U?

1822 Views 28 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  reyper
Hello wanting to see what people’s opinion are about which gun would be better overall for my friend to use for trap sporting clays etc. the benelli 828U or the beretta A300 outlander? Each one has its pros and cons just wanting other people’s opinion
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
4,998 Posts
The A300 is an auto & the 828U is an over/under. Like comparing apples to oranges in my opinion, plus a big price difference. A have a Beretta A300 Outlander Sporting model. I like the gun & is a heck of a bargain for a Beretta shotgun imo. $850 new from Gipson's 2 years ago. Never shot a 828U but would probably go with a Browning if I had to chose, I just like Browning for the money. Others will have opinions for you also. I am the authority on nothing, just an opinion.

· Registered
533 Posts
I own an A300 great gun! But it's the gun I take to the duck blind. Learned pretty quick it's too flat for trap for me.last year I wisened up and got a cx and I'm much happier shooting that for trap.too nice to take to the duck blind.i shot an 828u and it beat me up.just didn't fit me at all.

· Registered
169 Posts
Both guns will break any clay or kill any bird when properly aimed.

Isn't the Benelli kinda light weight for a trap / sporting clays gun. Is it a hunting gun or a clay gun.

A300 sporting is purposely built for sporting clays, a little heavier and less than half the price.

For a new shooter, I'd go for the a300.

· Registered
654 Posts
Love my a300 sporting I’ve had for a few years. I put a smaller drop shim in it to make it shoot higher. Usually just for sporting clays and hunting but I’m thinking I’ll use it for league doubles this weekend.

· Registered
3,174 Posts
One of our club members bought an 828 when they came out, he was seduced by the looks. It was traded in on a Browning in a couple of months.

Reactions: MBM1565

· Banned
9,591 Posts
Both guns will break any clay or kill any bird when properly aimed.

Isn't the Benelli kinda light weight for a trap / sporting clays gun. Is it a hunting gun or a clay gun.

A300 sporting is purposely built for sporting clays, a little heavier and less than half the price.

For a new shooter, I'd go for the a300.
No one should be aiming a shotgun, it's meant to be pointed.
MG

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.