Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An unlicensed chef in Japan served sliced blowfish testicles to thrill seeking gourmets. They were all stricken and are near death. So you sushi fans out there beware!

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Recurvyarcher,

Some do and some don't, depends on the species. The poison in blow fish testicles is 100 times more poisonous than cyanide. HMB

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
In Japan you have to be certified under a master sushi chef for ten years to serve Fugi, It is not on the menu for the US. public.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I've seen BF cooked...but never sushi'ed? Cooking it neutralizes some of the toxins. Cook it too long, and you don't get the buzz...cook it not enough, and you get very sick.

I don't have the heart to tell my Japanese co-workers this...but you can drink a couple Foster's oil cans & get the same buzz you get off blowfish, without the risk of DYING.

Heck, I don't want to spoil the fun for them.

I'll just drink my (American) beer and (well-cooked) red meat, and let them take all the risk.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Down where I grew up we have another name for sushi, we call it "Bait". As Don Greene said one time at the Grand, " I really like sushi,(pause, puff on cigar), especially if its cooked right". I miss Don's wit and company, he died on the 4th of July, 2008.

Charlie Becknell

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.