Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to serve as my own Santa CLause this year, and picked up a 4-Gauge Spolar loader. It's #2975.

I knew the owner of it for a long time, but he quit shooting skeet a couple years ago, and I just learned of it being for sale recently.

He threw in several 1000's of DownRange wads (which I've never used, but will....) and about 500-700 Gold STS 410.......plus a lot of wad guide fingers and extra shot and powder bushings.

I'll operate it by hand until I learn the ins and outs, and then get it on a Auto Drive.

Spolar-2.jpg
Spolar-Wads2.jpg
Spolar-Wads.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
As per some of your early Spolar posts we long time users can hardly wait for the avalanche of nit picking the loader to pieces . Please prove me wrong . I`ll be the first to give you a big ATTA-BOY if you do . Enjoy and read the manual or watch the CD until you have it all down . Remember to go slow at first and pay attention . P.M. if I can help in any way as I`m sure others will make the same offer . I cannot help with the smaller gauges . I have a butt load of bushings and some small things that you might want to have on hand . These things were passed on to me by a friend and I would do the same for you . Just ask .

·
Vendor
1,256 Posts
I had to serve as my own Santa CLause this year, and picked up a 4-Gauge Spolar loader. It's #2975.

I knew the owner of it for a long time, but he quit shooting skeet a couple years ago, and I just learned of it being for sale recently.

He threw in several 1000's of DownRange wads (which I've never used, but will....) and about 500-700 Gold STS 410.......plus a lot of wad guide fingers and extra shot and powder bushings.

I'll operate it by hand until I learn the ins and outs, and then get it on a Auto Drive.

View attachment 1542683 View attachment 1542685 View attachment 1542687
Congrats John. I know you have coveted a Spolar for quite some time. Merry Christmas pard. Let me know if you need any help and I’ll try to find someone qualified to assist you.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Merry Christmas. That’s a good idea to run it manually first, then hook up the auto drive.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Congratulation...you did yourself good...I had 4 Mec 9000’s with Auto Drives...they did ok but it seemed like all I ever did was adjust them...bought a 4 gauge Spolar, went with the Ponsness electric drive as opposed to the hydronic Drive...have probably put 200,000+ shells through it...they do have a few minor issues but are by far the best out there in my opinion.

·
Supporting Vendor
5,402 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
dang I thought I was doing good to treat myself to new 800+ w/auto drive. I also bought the 3 sub gages. got skeels powder and shot bottles. dang when I grow up I will have a spolar in all 4 gages. enjoy your press. you got the best.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts