Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This separates the real shooter's from the hot air queens....

Picture is from approx. 1990 at the old Powderborne Club in Pennsylvania.

Curt

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A

That's me shootin...and Doc Kidwell on the right!!

and yeppers...the scrapple was outstanding!!

Curt

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
A

Gary

You mean you never had calves brains, Souse(sp), kiska(sp) (blood pudding,)Calves tongue, pickled pigs knuckles, fresh cracklins, sow belly, snout, jowel bacon, or any other of the "good stuff"?

;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
A

What happens if the bird is shot and falls outside the fence? I assume the fence is there for some reason!
Never shot pigeons at a competition, but we sure shot the heck out of them around the silo and barn.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
A

Scrapple: The only food on earth that has hallucinogenic qualities. You "old goats" that eat it and think it is good have been adversly affected by the mind altering effects of this "not fit for human consumtion" concoction. As EuroJoe stated "YUK"! and that is putting it mildly. And Bvr Tail, all that other stuff that you have mentioned, it really qualifies you for the "mental disorder" of the week award. That stuff doesn't even qualify as food. I wouldn't even foster that off on my dog, I like him better than that. Listen to Gary W, he grew up a farm kid and scrapple is made from hog "offal" that might be your first clue as to why it is AWFUL! Next thing I know is you guys will post something like you been eatin' chitlins or tripe or some other component of an animal that cant even rate as fertilizer. Sick I say, you guys are just sick. I am not at all against eating meat just some of the other parts. I am now laughing so hard I can't continue this whine. If you like eating that stuff, good for you. I just won't.

Chuck

ROFLMAO

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
A

Bvr Tail, can't believe you left out head cheese and tripe. Now I still grab a jar of pickled pigs feet and mom and I still like souse. Some of the other it took alot of ketchup.

Now for the record Iam only 52 and ate this stuff.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
A

As long as I can eat a nice steak or a pork chop I will leave the parts of the animal that should have remained in the gut pile to those who prefer such things. I feel the same way about organs that so many gus insist on eating from wild game animals.

Not until I am starving will I eat the guts so many seem to find delicious.

Have any of you guys eaten pig assholes? ( outside of hot dogs) I hear they are delicous as well. Perhaps you guys can put togather a buffet with a apron wearing guy at one end doling out the pig assholes al dente? UMMMMM.. Jeff

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
A

The parts that are not good enough to go into scrapple, goes to make Vienna Sausage.

·
Registered
969 Posts
A

If the bird is Not retrieved inside the ring - it is lost. If it flies out and flies back in - then retrieved - it is lost. If it sits on the fence and folds it's wings it is lost. If it is deader than a mackeral,hits the ground inside the wing and bounces out - it is lost. If it is a 'walker' inside the ring and thshooter cleverly ground sluices it close to another fallen pigeon that he just shot and sends his second shot into the wlker also - EVEN if he hits the other bird - it is lost.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.