Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Wow, think they could have put the "swamp cooler" in the back or on the side? Pretty dull design.
First thing I noticed of the building. I thought maybe it was the back of the building.

Reactions: msp548

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
OMG!!! Give some people a million dollars & they will bitch that they have to pay taxes!
The building is actually very nice looking. For years folks have been bitching that there is no Hall of Fame to visit.
Now we are gonna bitch about they way it is designed, where the A/C unit is located & etc. Come on, Go to the Grand if you can & see the hall if you want to. Life is way to short to complain about every damn little thing.
I'm retiring today & plan on seeing life on the bright side, try it yourself. JMO Colonel

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Spot on Klink,
I hope to see the inside of that building some day.
Glad there is a new roof with climate control to keep the History in one place.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Spot on Klink,
I hope to see the inside of that building some day.
Glad there is a new roof with climate control to keep the History in one place.
Hope they got plenty of insurance, the winds that blow thru that area, might peel that roof and facade like a can of beans. Not to mention hurricanes
Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,745 Posts
It's easy to complain; but it's what's on the inside that's important, and for one, I'm happy to see they're putting it where it counts. There's a lot of history in that building, hopefully well preserved and presented. I, for one, want to see John Phillips Sousa's Ithica, and the Plinkey Tupperwein display, not to mention Nora's contributions. Pretty is as pretty does, I always say.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
If the building does not go over as a HOF facility, it can be used to house antique farm machinery. Begs the question; "what did you do with the money we gave you for a building"? 2 million? Come on, what did it really cost?......merlyn

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I was told that this is the "official" back side, there is a parking lot planned for the north side by the "front door". It wasn't my first choice of design, but it does follow the same look as the other buildings on the complex. I'm sure during the Grand, this "back door" will be used most often since it connects to the building where the shell house is located. I haven't been told if we will be allowed to go inside during the Grand, the HOF is working on selecting display cases. Most of the items from the old museum are in secure storage and that will take a lot of time to transfer and set up.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Merlyn, we can visit at the Grand, but rest assured, there were big expenses that HAD to be covered that do not necessarily show from the outside, like a special "dry" fire system that won't destroy all the memorabilia in the event that the "sprinklers" go off. Museums are a very different project from a pole barn, at least on the inside.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
2 millions not bad. i mean serious, look what we dump into our guns and dont flinch.................

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I'm coming into the Grand on Wed, Aug 5 with a fistful of tickets to sell, hope to see as many friends as possible. I will be covering the HOF events, museum dedication, banquet and silent auction for my upcoming article in TrapshootingUSA. safe travels, everyone!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts