Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another - LOOOONG - thread, trapwife posted this;

"Some people are losing sight of the fact that trapshooting is a hobby, it should be a fun, recreational something to do in your retirement or during your vacation from work or on the weekend".

Maybe this is really THE most important thing to keep in mind. It would be a heck a a good mantra for those of us who use those tools to help us focus.

Larry J. Frieders
Grandpa's Arms, Inc.
340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506 |
Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm |
Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114

·
Registered
237 Posts
Why do people flock to competition? If you aren't personally involved, then you root for your favorite, and if they don't win, it's a tragedy. The Romans had competitions, like between the Lion and the Gladiator. Some wanted the lion to win, some the Gladiator, but regardless, it was a competition. If you play the slots, then you are in competition with the machine, and of course you always want to win. If you bowl or play golf, then you are generally in competition either against another team or another person, and if you play alone, then you are in completion with the course or lanes. Is Trap so different? You compete against everyone who shoots in your class or in you yardage group, but most of all, you compete with yourself, and applies to most everything you do in life. Your job, winning your wife from the other guy. We all want to win, and to win you must compete. Yes, trap is competition, and sometimes it can be fun. Herb

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
When I used to rodeo I soon figured out that there ain't no money in it so it better be fun. When I got old and slow and the young kids started beating me all the time it stopped being fun so I quit rodeoing and took up trap shooting. Soon figured out that trap shooting is about the same deal.......there ain't no money in it so it better be fun.

·
Registered
14,684 Posts
I think Mr.Leo may have led you to believe it was just for fun, but when he shot, it was for the money and maybe the competition. When he was younger, it was always for the money.....to continue his venture.

Things were different then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts