Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
presquad.com has been for several weeks now.

I went in to look, and maybe pre-register today. They have only opened 7 squads for the various events and those are about 10% pre-squadded, or less....

For example, the Sunday Championship Doubles has three shooters right now,.... two of which are a father/son team on a squad by themselves and one other person by himself.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Motel reservation are easy, book somewhere with a 24 hr cancellation policy.

No one wants to cancel or move a shoot if they don't have to.

I expect they are waiting to decide. Not a lot of open dates in the Summer.

Its All Good

West

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
It is something a lot of shoots are going to face when
shooting resumes. Low attendance for different reasons.
Money and people getting back to work and not wanting
to take time off. Also it isn't like an air raid siren sounding
all clear. It will take some folks a while to feel confidant
enough to attend large events.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
I’m not sure why anyone would single out one club when all of trapshooting has taken a severe nose dive. It’s a much shorter list of clubs putting on shoots than those that are being forced to cancel. Let’s all support our clubs once this thing has passed and we can get back to shooting again.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts

I went in to look, and maybe pre-register today. They have only opened 7 squads for the various events and those are about 10% pre-squadded, or less....

For example, the Sunday Championship Doubles has three shooters right now,.... two of which are a father/son team on a squad by themselves and one other person by himself.
I see our Sportshot is back to deleting again so he doesn’t sound like the troublemaker he really is. Why not leave your comments up instead of deleting them like your famous for?

·
Vendor
254 Posts

There's this feature on most web pages that allows you to scroll down. If you knew how it works, you'd see there are 34 squads open for the dbls champ and a lot more than 3 people on there.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Lot of people do not like shooting on an early squad of the event. At least 2 more from Hawaii are planning to attend.
Hoping new virus cases start to decline soon. I am in a bad class; over 65 with underlining health issues. I cancelled my trip to the SW Grand before it was cancelled. I'll decide on the Western Grand beginning of May. Or like the SW it may be a mute point.

Jason

·
Registered
110 Posts
I see our Sportshot is back to deleting again so he doesn’t sound like the troublemaker he really is. Why not leave your comments up instead of deleting them like your famous for?
Sportshot needs to open his eyes. There is a lot more people pre-squaded than he thinks.
If people pay attention they would notice that there are a bunch of squads not listed. Those are whole squads that have been reserved so the squad number is deleted.
Also at Vernal people do not presquad on early squads because of the light.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I hope this shoot is a go for many reasons!
If it’s held I’ll be there.

Reactions: West

·
Premium Member
4,388 Posts
Did sportshot have the thread
( what choke for singles)
that lasted for weeks?
Henry

·
Registered
225 Posts
With this crap going on why would you risk it????? No one loves to shoot more then I do but I sure as HELL won't risk getting sick or risk bringing it home to friends and family....some people really make me wonder.............
Risk? Because a life spent at home cowering in fear is no life at all.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Risk? Because a life spent at home cowering in fear is no life at all.
I don't know if it is as much about fear as it is about responsibility. A person can have no symptoms at all, but still carry the virus home to loved ones and friends. I think that is what makes a lot of people not want to be in groups for a while yet.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
With this crap going on why would you risk it????? No one loves to shoot more then I do but I sure as HELL won't risk getting sick or risk bringing it home to friends and family....some people really make me wonder.............
What metric are you using for the "all clear"?

Since you made your decision, would you mind if everyone else is allowed to make theirs?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts