Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(2)
Moose hunt

Two Polish hunters named Stosh and Thad, hired a pilot to fly them into the Canadian wilderness, where they managed to bag two big Bull Moose.

As they were loading the plane to return, the pilot said the plane could take only the hunters, their gear and one Moose.

The hunters objected, saying, "Last year we shot two, and the pilot let us take them both...and he had exactly the same airplane as yours."

Reluctantly the pilot, not wanting to be outdone by another bush pilot, gave in and everything was loaded.
However, even under full power, the little plane couldn't handle the load, and went down, crashing in the wooded wilderness.
Somehow, surrounded by the moose, clothing and sleeping bags, Stosh and Thad survived the crash.

After climbing out of the wreckage, Thad asked Stosh, "Any idea where we are?"

Stosh replied, "I think we're pretty close to where we crashed last year.."

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
(2)
Moose hunt

Two Polish hunters named Stosh and Thad, hired a pilot to fly them into the Canadian wilderness, where they managed to bag two big Bull Moose.

As they were loading the plane to return, the pilot said the plane could take only the hunters, their gear and one Moose.

The hunters objected, saying, "Last year we shot two, and the pilot let us take them both...and he had exactly the same airplane as yours."

Reluctantly the pilot, not wanting to be outdone by another bush pilot, gave in and everything was loaded.
However, even under full power, the little plane couldn't handle the load, and went down, crashing in the wooded wilderness.
Somehow, surrounded by the moose, clothing and sleeping bags, Stosh and Thad survived the crash.

After climbing out of the wreckage, Thad asked Stosh, "Any idea where we are?"

Stosh replied, "I think we're pretty close to where we crashed last year.."
didn't see that coming. very funny.

jack mc

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I needed a good laugh today. Thnks. Bob
Our moose guide on the top of the Algoma Central rail line in Ontario skimmed the trees on a regular basis, whether or not he had a moose on board. Unfortunately, the year after our last hunt, he went down in the bush. He had serious injuries, but managed to pack his plane out, part by part, over the next year. However, not too long after, he succumbed to his injuries.

·
Registered
8,412 Posts
Couple guys decide to go fishin'. They rent a boat and get out on the lake and they are red hot, fish after fish, practically jumping in the boat. First guy says, "Dang, this is a great spot, we should mark it so we can come back." The other guy grabs his filleting knife and scratches a big "X" in the bottom of the boat. First guy says, "You dummy, what if, next time, we can't rent the same boat?"

Kinda old, sorry. Can still see my brother telling it, back in the '50s.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
55 Posts
An oldie -

Three Minnesota hunters drove into a farm yard, and one went up to ask the farmer's permission to hunt his fields. The farmer was real nice and said no problem, but asked if the hunter would do him a favor and shoot an old cow he had that was ill and dying. The farmer couldn't bear to shoot it himself, he loved his animals.

The hunter agreed, and went back to the car - but decided to pull a little gag on his buddies. He pretended he was real mad, and told his friends that the farmer was a real jerk and wouldn't let them hunt on his land. As they drove away from the farmhouse, he had the driver stop when they passed the old bull.

He climbed out, very deliberately took aim and shot the bull dead. He then said, "That'll get even with that jerk farmer!" Right then, to his shock, his two buddies each shot a cow, commenting, "That'll REALLY get even with the old jerk farmer!"

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Jerry Clower story. While at Mossy Oak, I had the pleasure to meet Jerry C. He was on our "Pro Staff"--loved to turkey hunt. We cataloged shirts to XXL. He was bigger than that. Once in a while we had much bigger clothes made in very short runs. I called him at home--Rt. 1 liberty Ms. and asked if I could send him a shirt or two. As always most gracious and thankful. Several days later he called to say he had them and thanked us again. I asked if they were big enough and he said "Yes Sir!! They had more X's than one of them bad movies!!" Sorry he is gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts