Trapshooters Forum banner

A little heat wave coming for the Western zone shoot

1511 Views 19 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  The Canuck
Nothing new out here Monday should be 115.
Font Gadget Display device Multimedia Electronic device
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Is that 100 straight?
I lived in Visalia California for several years. It was always in play, were we going to get 100 days straight of 100 degree temps during the summer.
Is the shoot in Bako or up in Kingsburg? Kingsburg would be cooler.
Good luck Water, water and then some more water.

· Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that 100 straight?
I lived in Visalia California for several years. It was always in play, were we going to get 100 days straight of 100 degree temps during the summer.
Is the shoot in Bako or up in Kingsburg? Kingsburg would be cooler.
Good luck Water, water and then some more water.
Ya love shooting in Kingsbury. Great people. I missed the state shoot this year cancer surgery. I will get the stiches out in about 2 hours. After a funeral Friday I will go out and practice. Get use to the heat and the time I missed practicing for the state shoot. I collapse during the year we were flooded out during the state shoot. Heat stroke. My heart rate is finally in the high 40's - low 50's. That stretch was high moisture and over 100 each day at that state shoot.
Steve

· Registered
2,154 Posts
When we lived in the San Joaquin Valley it was 100 plus for many days in the loooong summer season but it would always cool down to the mid to high 60s at night. It made it tolerable, especially if you worked nights or were an early morning person.

· Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When we lived in the San Joaquin Valley it was 100 plus for many days in the loooong summer season but it would always cool down to the mid to high 60s at night. It made it tolerable, especially if you worked nights or were an early morning person.
Looks like were out of the worst of the heat wave for now. Next shoot will be Santa Maria. Lot cooler.
Steve

· Registered
Perazzi TMS/Browning Recoilless
1,584 Posts
This is what Western Zone looked like in Edmonton, Alberta this past weekend. That haze is smoke from forest fires burning as far as two and three provinces away and temps hovered around 55 degrees F all weekend. Very unseasonably cool and windy. My wife wore the inner liner from her hunting suit under her shooting vest in the 200 singles event we participated in saturday. I was in jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Big difference from the weekend before where we were in shorts and tees in 90+ temps shooting the Saskatchewan Provincials in Swift Current, SK.....
Sky Natural landscape Asphalt Landscape Plain

That is your's truly on post 1 the weekend before at Swift Current....just a slight difference in visibility!! 😉
Sky Tree Plant Grassland Recreation

· Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is what Western Zone looked like in Edmonton, Alberta this past weekend. That haze is smoke from forest fires burning as far as two and three provinces away and temps hovered around 55 degrees F all weekend. Very unseasonably cool and windy. My wife wore the inner liner from her hunting suit under her shooting vest in the 200 singles event we participated in saturday. I was in jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Big difference from the weekend before where we were in shorts and tees in 90+ temps shooting the Saskatchewan Provincials in Swift Current, SK..... View attachment 1759003

That is your's truly on post 1 the weekend before at Swift Current....just a slight difference in visibility!! 😉
View attachment 1759004
Great background
Steve

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Yup I shot all 700 targets over 3 days in Edmonton in that smoke, my eye's were burning most of the day, it was not a pleasant shoot and my scores for the most part reflected it, as did many others, that is the one thing about zone shoots shot over many different venues, conditions play a huge part in them and affect the scores, but we know that going in and it is what it is, targets in the air, let's shoot them 🤣

Reactions: The Canuck

· Registered
Perazzi TMS/Browning Recoilless
1,584 Posts
Yup I shot all 700 targets over 3 days in Edmonton in that smoke, my eye's were burning most of the day, it was not a pleasant shoot and my scores for the most part reflected it, as did many others, that is the one thing about zone shoots shot over many different venues, conditions play a huge part in them and affect the scores, but we know that going in and it is what it is, targets in the air, let's shoot them 🤣
It's ok to admit it Ed that you had tears in your eyes from the scores you posted more so than from the smoke.....😉 J/K buddy! You shot well, congratulations.
When Deb and I rolled in saturday morning there was so much smoke in the air I thought maybe you guys had switched to blackpowder shells! :LOL:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.