Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the belief that if I used Fiocci primers that is all I would be able to use in my reloads.
Now I was informed that is not true. So which is it?
Any help is appreciated before I place my next order.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Fiocchi, Nobel Sport, Cheddite - all are larger ,European, primers. I sometimes have had luck going back to a Win209 - but they are looser than usual. I haven't had one fall out, but they certainly go in easy! There is a primer hole reconditioning tool from BCI.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Once I start reloading a batch of hulls with European primers, I keep using them until it is time to toss them. You might be OK switching back, if you are shooting a break open gun, but cycling in a semi-auto has been known to knock a primer loose, and cause problems when it gets stuck inside your action.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once I start reloading a batch of hulls with European primers, I keep using them until it is time to toss them. You might be OK switching back, if you are shooting a break open gun, but cycling in a semi-auto has been known to knock a primer loose, and cause problems when it gets stuck inside your action.
Been there. Done that. THANKS.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Have tried fiocchi primers then tried using Winchester primers. they fit just tight enough to seat but ended up with burnt powder around the primer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Fiocchi, Nobel Sport, Cheddite - all are larger ,European, primers. I sometimes have had luck going back to a Win209 - but they are looser than usual. I haven't had one fall out, but they certainly go in easy! There is a primer hole reconditioning tool from BCI.
That is not correct. Cheddite primers are US sized, and you can go back to Winchester or Remington primers. The others are a bit oversized for US standards.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Haven't used any Fiocchi or Rio but did have that problem (among others) with N.S. No problems switching between Rem.--CCI--Fed.--Cheddite--Win--Wolf. Best luck (most consistent & fewest duds) with Rem.. or Fed. but can't afford Rems. at current price. Ross Puls

1 - 10 of 10 Posts