Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LS,
I posted the first 44 Grand Slams you were looking for but I don't know why you stopped at 44 but that was your post. You put out this post for some unknown reason but failed to get the correct number for 1984 which was 7 slams and you stated there were only 4. What are you attempting to prove anyway. Individuals have the ability to read the "little bit of history on Grand Slams" from the original post so why did you start another with the same information?

Roger Smith Wichita, KS

·
Registered
890 Posts
Red Dot 1,

The ATA website shows you and Brad Dysinger acheiving your Slams on the same day 4/29/78. But there is also an asterisk (*) behind your name which is supposed to denote acheiving your SLAM at the Grand.

Sundance states that Dysinger acheived his 8/28/77.

Not that it matters one bit, but is the date on the ATA website correct on your acheivement? Obviously, if the date is correct the * is wrong (unless they held the grand in April in 1978).

Seems that the ATA recording keeping 40 or so years ago might not be 100% accurate as to dates etc.

Great shooting to all that have acheived their Grand Slams.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tom,

My records show the same date for both Brad and myself so I am not sure which is correct because I don't remember when and were I got mine in the doubles. I can't remember what I did yesterday, let alone 35 years ago! Yes, you are correct as I never attended a Grand in April. Who knows but I do remember my Grand Slam targets were not easy, HA!

Roger Smith Wichita, KS

·
Registered
578 Posts
I broke my grand slam in August of 1977, you couldn't expect the ATA to get the facts correct could you? I also met my wife Ann at that same shoot, we went on our first date the night before my 100 from 27. Brad

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Brad, if I remember correctly you had little to no sleep prior to breaking that 100. I'll let the audiences imagination loose now.lol

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Dr Longwind,

I'm in the record books for rolling a 300 game in bowling. I was the last person to do this at my local bowling alley before they ripped out the wood lanes and installed synthetic..

Should I shame the current bowlers who attain this goal because they only did it on synthetic lanes and not real wooden ones????

·
0 Posts
Who was the youngest to attain the feat?

I know of a sub junior, Jesse Molstre of ND, who did it in the early 2000's. He was still a sub junior the following year too, so he must have only been 14 or so when he did it. That is impressive as hell to me.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I was shooting with Derek Stringer in Helena when he got his Handicap on worn out handsets, he was taking birds that were a full second from when he called for the bird. Talk about "Fluff?" WTF?

I also shot with him in Missoula when he got the slam...on Dbles He was 13 at the time.

And the "good" Doctor says that these people shouldn't be in the same class?

Damn!

Rick in MT

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dr. Longshot First of all its sundance, not SunDance, second of all I recognize the Grand Slam list (not Gtand Slam) as listed by Trap and Field as the accurate list of Grand Slammers. Brad verified what I said by stating on this site the same date I used. I truly believe that Trap and Field is the best to go by. Trap and Field May 2013 issue has the list thru #445 one(the last one) having completed his in 2013. Trap and Field has made an effort to keep up with all that achieve this. There are alot of great shots that have not yet completed their Grand Slam. The first 100 from the 27 was Col. Throckmorton. He did this at Cortez, Col. not taking anything away from Mr. Orlich who in addition to having the first Grand Slam was also on the first 500 squad. J.R. Long

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've been on the same squad as Molstre and Stringer when they were on fire as youngsters. Stringer at various shoots in the West and Molstre at the Grand. Both have serious talent, Stringer with an impressive shoot them as fast as they appear style and Molstre with a more deliberate yet effective style. I enjoyed both of them and it is amazing to me how fast they attained the SLAM.

Lyle

1 - 20 of 27 Posts