Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A GUN IS A GUN...............................

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  mallardfilmore 
#1 ·
I'm a live and let live kind of guy but I'm getting sick and tiered of all this crap about this gun is ok and that gun isn't, that's "Bullshit" and you know it.....

We're talking about metal and wood or metal and plastic, that's all it's a tool nothing more, like a hammer or screwdriver.

It's not the gun, it's the man, if you trust someone do you care what he has in his hand ?

But if you don't trust someone you don't want him to have something that he could use to hurt you.

So it becomes a matter of trust not a particular gun, that would be a preference, you prefer a particular type of gun....

If your a gun owner in good standing with the law of the land, more power to you, have what you will it's your business, just don't use it to harm your fellow man, unless it is to protect your family or property...

All this talk about gun control is simply a way to brake your spirit, to keep you in line, you see the rich in this world would have you comply to there wishes like good boys and girls, go to work and pay taxes so the ones that run this world can do as they wish without worrying about you standing up to them.

Divide and conquer, that's an old tactic used in war and you would think that gun owners of all people would know that, have you lost your steel ? have you all become the sheep that the would-be dictators would like you to be ?

Many of our forefathers, brothers and sisters have given there lives for your freedom, would you give it up so easily ? will you turn your back on your brother and let him be harmed or wronged because it didn't directly involve you or yours ?

Is this the kind of man we have become ?

Where are the men of Honer and Courage in this world that would let this injustice continue.

My Humble opinion
Bill Johnson

See less See more
#2 ·
A little OT

The most often heard response by Hollocost survivers, to the question?

WHY DIDN'T YOU LEAVE EUROPE LIKE SO MANY OTHER JEWISH PEOPLE?

WE DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD GET SO BAD, WE WHERE SURE THAT SOMEONE WOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

we have laws that should put the criminals away, we have police officers that arrest the criminals,

and then we have a legal system that betrays us and lets these criminals walk free, an unbeleavable amount time with out even spending a night in jail!

So the press and the politions can cry and wring their hands,

"WE NEED MORE LAWS!"

What we need is a better way to hold JUDGES accountable for their failing to apply the laws we already have properly

Al!

#3 ·
Wish I wouldn't have read this thread, now my stomach is starting to cramp up.

Someday, sometime, people will get tired of all the Bull$hit that’s being pushed down their throats and start standing up, what's it going to take?

I see the problem as people are hiding behind letters, e-mails, books, publications, and other media devises, and being 86'd by the recipiants and don't have the backbone like our forefathers to jump up and take the fight to them instead of just standing quiet and then trying to deflect the arrows being cast when the times arise.

ol 12

#4 ·
And the worst tripe is the liberal gun owners that think it is OK to ban an entire class of semi-auto firearms, and promote, prop up and vote for the liberal puke politicians that want to do the banning. The liberals are a cancer to the Second Amendment!

#5 ·
Hold the Judges and the pollution's, I mean politicians accountable for not enforcing the law that they took an oath to uphold, with there hand on a Bible and swearing to God and all the people in this country they would serve. SERVE REMEMBER !!!
Who the hell do they think they are ? Do they really think they know what is best for us ? Have people blown enough smoke up your A$$ that all the sudden your the all knowing master of us all ?

Pompous Son of a Bi---s !!!!!

Bill

#7 ·
And all of you who stand there and point fingers at those who participate in a different version of the shooting sports than you (say trap vs skeet) are just as bad as the politicians. If we're to have any chance, then we all have to stand together no matter which version of the sport we choose. One of the local outdoor clubs here has a large population of benchrest shooters and several years ago, during the ban years, were none to silent in saying that any gun that held more than a single round, had no use in the world. They were unkind and unfair to the IPSC shooters and made up a majority of the club's BOD. They know benchrest and that's all they care about. They are too stupid to see the entire picture. After a couple of years we were able to even out the BOD and they are now much friendier to the rest of the shooting disciplines.
If you openly spout any form of disrespect to those in another version of our shooting sports, Whether you have any interest in that particular venue or not, then you are just stupid and are in no way a viable representitive of the shooting sports or the private ownership of firearms.
And while we're at it, since you have time to come on here and jump up and down about what you don't like about the elected officials, did you take the same amount of time to whip up some letters to all of them with your concerns or did you just come on here to give a concerned appearance? I'm talking from the local towns and cities all the way to the federal government.
I stick with an opinion I expressed here some time ago, if we're going to have any chance of keeping our guns, you are going to have to be a better NRA supporter every time you buy a gun. If you buy a nice long gun, you expect to spend probably a double digit percentage of the purchase price to buy a carrying case. Same thing with buying a holster for a handgun. You should start having the same expectation of yourself with a donation to the NRA every time you buy a gun. Think of what the NRA could do if everyone sent just $5 for every gun they buy. Think of what 5% would do.
We still have our guns because of the effort of the NRA and we should start providing some more support while we are able. Band together regardless of the shooting discipline or we're closer to the end of ownership than you want to believe.

#8 ·
mallardfilmore

Is this what you call an intelligent response...{ you are just stupid }

I know you are but what am I ...lol

Band together, ha, you stay out of my foxhole boy, run all over this post calling people stupid, you self-riches know it all punk.

Bill

#10 ·
I realize his hart is in the right place but I don't care for the way he
expresses his self, sorry he just struck a nerve.

He obviously see himself as intellectually superior to the rest of us but doesn't have the commonsense to see when people are yanking each others chain,
Such as the bickering between trap shooters and skeet shooters, I've been around trap and skeet shooters for over 20 years and it's always been a good old past time and nothing more.

Bill

#11 ·
Anyone who thinks trap shooters hate skeet shooters is, frankly, stupid. Trap shooters and skeet shooters have a fairly good natured rivalry going. Nothing more, nothing less.<br.
<br>
If you want devisive and derisive comments, just watch some Fudds jump up and down about semi-autos. They make totally ignorant comments about semi-autos, usually crap they've parroted from The Brady Bunch. I saw through their elitist crap as a teenager, reading some of their comments in hunting magazines. It was sickening then, and it's sickening now.<br>
<br>
I was at a gun shop one day when a Fudd started spouting off about semi-autos for hunting. He ranted for a bit about how unsporting they were. I then piped up and said ANY repeating firearm was unsporting. I said we should all use single shot rifles, because (quoting a firearms writer from the 1970's), "If I can't harvast my animal with one shot, I neither want it nor deserve it." The Fudd got really pissed off when others started chuckling at him. Man, I love throwing that quote from that pompous gun writer back at the Fudds.<br>
<br>

#12 ·
Mr Johnson, going back to your first post, if I read correctly, you were making a point about unity and avoiding the splitting tactics of the anti's. If I read Filmore's post correctly, he was making the same point. It's your privilege to feel how you want about how he made it, but you come back and flame the guy; you exactly made his point for him. He didn't call YOU stupid. In point of fact, given the present political climate, when one shooting discipline abandons another to fend for itself legislatively, it IS stupid. Because you were exactly right in your first post- the anti's won't try to grab anything that shoots in one move; the'll ban high cap magazines, then things w/ flash hiders, then guns with drop out trigger groups, and so on. When I think that my TMX is safe because it isn't semiauto, and somebody else thinks their Citori is safe because it's a break gun, it IS stupid. If you think that the shooting community is one big happy family, you are sadly mistaken. All you have to do is read most any thread that runs more than about 30 posts, and see what it deteriorates into. If your experience has been different from Filmore's with regard to how the different disciplines coexist, you have been blessed, but I used to belong to the club Filmore refers to, and the place just about flew apart, over issues that amounted to nothing. It WAS stupid. I was on the BOD of a shooting complex for about 3 yrs and trying to get rifle, pistol, shotgun and muzzleloader people to pull in any one direction was like herding cats. In a place where I used to live, the trap and skeet people split and formed separate facilities. One night, members of one of the respective factions got drunked up and destroyed part of the other's facility with construction equipment. You seem to have had better experiences, and I'm glad, but you better believe that we need everything we can bring to the table together, looking out for each other as brothers if we're going to have any hope of passing an intact Second Amendment on to our children. I share the frustration that comes through in Filmore's post. Half the time I talk to people about supporting the NRA, I get some crap about how they're pissed and won't support anymore because they got one too many requests for money, or their Rifleman didn't come on time. Neither Filmore or I are against your rights, and that means we're FOR your rights, and that means we're on the same side. How about trying to get along? Al Geisen

#14 ·
I did get mad and I'm sorry for that, I was very serious with my post and Mallardfilmore deluded it with his misunderstanding of the age-old nitpicking between trap shooters and skeet shooters.

One has nothing to do with the other, what does bother me would be the inability for someone to understand the difference between the two subjects.

The post was about guns and some people that think one gun is ok and one's not that's ridiculous.

You need to re-read his post, and understand that the inability to comprehend and differentiate between the two, or maybe you have the same lack of comprehension.

Quoit
from Mallardfilmore:
{And all of you who stand there and point fingers at those who participate in a different version of the shooting sports than you (say trap vs skeet) are just as bad as the politicians.}

Now you can't honestly tell me that you think trap and skeet shooters really don't like each other do you,?

If you think that then I'm wasting my time talking to you, you will never get it.

Bill

#15 ·
Bill, Are you addressing me? I am unclear. If so, trust me. If it is clay and flys, I will shoot it. And, I don't take any of the things shooters say personally or even seriously. They be an opinionated bunch.
If you are not addressing me, okey dokey too. Your Pal, Jake

#17 ·
It would appear that I struck a nerve with the poor demoguy. Maybe you're upset and want to point a finger at me because you realize what I said about different shooting disciplines deriding others because they don't shoot the same sport or the same gun as the offending mouth might choose strikes closer to home than you like. I didn't say you'd like the truth, only that its there. I have no problem with shooters gigging each other at the club but keep it off here. It's just more fuel for the anti-gunners to use against us. You think they don't sign on here and read these threads or the ones on other sites? If you're not guilty of the aforementioned posturing towards other disciplines, then why would you take offense to my comments?
Lonegunmen and I saw this very thing at our old club and he told me many tales of what happened to the club where he was on the BOD. I'd say he has as much to say about this kind of thing as anyone on here and the problem is far worse than what I've described here. As I recall it was nearly enough to keep the club from even becoming a reality. The same with the benchrest shooters vs the IPSC shooters at the other club I belong to. They get on these boards and forget that they are there for the other shooters, not themselves. I'm pretty confident that these incidents aren't just at these two or three clubs.
Like it or not, this kind of activity by shooters towards other shooters is stupid. I really don't care if trap shooters don't like skeet shooters or their sport or any other shooting sport. Quit wasting time and energy on something as foolish as this and start putting effort towards everyone banding together to protect all the sports. Nobody really cares if you like metallic handgun silhouette or not, it's a shooting sport and we'd better fight to protect it as we would whatever sport we've chosen.
One curious question though: What was in my first post that lead you to the comment that I see my self as intellectually superior to everyone else? Is it because I didn't include smarmy one liners or that I failed to include some dispersion cast towards another participant in this thread?
This is demoguy's quote above:
"Band together, ha, you stay out of my foxhole boy, run all over this post calling people stupid, you self-riches know it all punk."
Looks to me like he's unwilling and uninterested in trying to protect all the shooting sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.