Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
That’s a damn shame!
Not really, if not for losing Vandalia we would not have two great places to shoot, WSC and Cardinal Center.

The file below in a map of one of our gun clubs, the early traps were closer to the clubhouse and have been gone for more than 40 years, and today the right two have been bull dosed to make way for a rifle and a pistol range a few years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
big kahuna-----yes it did have it's own personality but Sparta is developing it's own too. Still the same great people\vendors\targets\food etc. Do I miss Vandalia? In some ways yes--- in others I like the improvements at Sparta, ie getting around--more modern--more camping. Both nice, each has\had it's good & not so good.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, they will all shoot their last target at some time. Madison Square Garden did, Vandalia did, and even Sparta will throw their last at some point in history, then she’ll move again. Enjoy them while they last and many a good memory can be made.

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
Not much stays the same like many of us wish it would.
Most people don’t like change, I’m in that group on many things.
Biggest shame at Vandalia is the airport did nothing with the grounds after they got them.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,240 Posts
Was fooling around with Google satellite pictures and for giggles, went to Vandalia. All is gone that was recognizable with the exception of this old Ghost hiding in the grass. My how time flies.
I had a print of the “worlds largest trap line” on my wall in college. Like many here, I made a lot of great memories there. Part of what makes trap such a great sport is the shared experience. In that way, we are all a big family of sorts.

One of my fav quotes. “Maybe that’s all a family really is. A group of people that miss the same imaginary place.”

I miss that place. But I’m grateful for the new places that it made way for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts