Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions what to do with a few Snow Geese in the field by our home. #2 son-Tommy appears confused!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Watch and see if they show up in more days to come and go set up! Get a few dozen snow geese dekes and light those suckers up! Cool pics!

Hunter

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hunter, they've feasted in that cornfield plenty of times in the last few months. That just so happens to be a really good dove spot some years. Doesn't look like any of my local boys desire to dig a big enough pit to bury the carcasses!!

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I was raised in the northern Sacramento Valley when those suckers would darken the sky. I will never forget the noise tens of thousands of them make.

·
Vendor
7,370 Posts
one time , i snuck up on a flock like that--i shot a lil low as the flock lifted--i missed , but picked up a whole bushel basket of feet!!!!-----here in NW missouri, today the squaw creek refuge is carrying +200,000 snows--last spring the peak about march 15th was 1.3 million-what a site!!!!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

On Canandaigua Lake in NY, we would see one or two of these a year. Now in the last two winters there have been thousands of them coming through.

I banded ducks on this lake for many, many years, and am beginning to think the flyway is changing. I don't have any other explaination for it...

Quite a sight to see....

Dave in SC

·
Registered
719 Posts
I lived there for 10years, 56 to 66. Don't remember even seeing a goose let alone 1000's. When did Eastern PA become the goose hunting capital? I lived on the East side of Beth (Butztown) kept an airplane at TRIGS, ever hear of either?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Just forget about them there birds and go buy a copy of and then watch
"The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock starring Tippi Hedrin.

Here is a quote from the review of this movie: "The Birds asks; what would happen if nature were to suddenly decide that humans were an intolerable nuisance? I think they would win."

Read more at The Birds

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ntgr8, you have to give directions in this area by bar locations. Yes, I've had a few at the Butztown Hotel!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.