Trapshooters Forum banner

A few shells at Walmart.

6496 Views 40 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  dhb0966
Don't know why as they have had empty shelves for months but I walked by the ammo counter (they don't sell guns here) and saw some 4 packs of Winchester and Federal "game and target" shells. Eight Win, eight Fed and a dozen or so 20. I picked up four. As I was leaving I saw two cammo clad guys almost running that way. $22.99/4 pack. They had a few boxes of .22s also. Guy behind the counter said they were getting shells in but the flippers would grab em all as they came in. So, I guess there are some shells around here in the vast wasteland of central IL.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
299 Posts
Don't know why as they have had empty shelves for months but I walked by the ammo counter (they don't sell guns here) and saw some 4 packs of Winchester and Federal "game and target" shells. Eight Win, eight Fed and a dozen or so 20. I picked up four. As I was leaving I saw two cammo clad guys almost running that way. $22.99/4 pack. They had a few boxes of .22s also. Guy behind the counter said they were getting shells in but the flippers would grab em all as they came in. So, I guess there are some shells around here in the vast wasteland of central IL.
Stan, where you at in central IL? I happen to reside just north of Peoria in the same wasteland.

· Registered
3,171 Posts
I stopped by one this afternoon on the way home from the club, about 10 boxes of assorted 12 gauge hunting ammo and some 22 ammo, now theres a 3 box limit at that store. Last time they had any real amount of ammo there wasn't a limit.

· Registered
8 Posts
I went to 4 Walmarts yesterday and all the ammo shelves in each store were completely empty. Then went to a hunting fishing store and picked up the last couple of boxes of Federal Grand at $9.99 each. Was happy that I found the shells, not happy about the price. I guess thats what they cost now.

· Registered
22 Posts
I went to 4 Walmarts yesterday and all the ammo shelves in each store were completely empty. Then went to a hunting fishing store and picked up the last couple of boxes of Federal Grand at $9.99 each. Was happy that I found the shells, not happy about the price. I guess thats what they cost now.
Saw 2 4 packs of federals in walmart in creston iowa

· Registered
475 Posts
Shooting sports are in for a very very tough season. I stopped , as I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices where you can find ammo and there are other things to do. Heck I bought a cheap break barrel air rifle yesterday and ended having a lot of fun with it after I threw the bundled scope it came with in the garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
65 Posts
We have 3 walmarts on the same road within about 30 min of each other (from 1st to last with traffic). I made the trip several times hitting all 3 and always come up empty. The closest clay shooting facility to us requires steel shot and I miss being able to pick up the $5.50 packs of Winchester Super-X. The club is selling it for $15/box. at that price, plus $8 for a ticket, I can't afford to shoot.

Thankfully the club my son has been shooting at has special reduced prices for the juniors to shoot and they still have $65 flats so that's really reasonable.

I just hope these new prices don't become the norm.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.