Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that we can all agree that 1) you never stop worrying about your Children and 2) Your worse nightmare it that they pass before you and are unable to live the full life that you have. Unfortunately this is the case especially with our Soldiers who have died in combat. I woke up this morning and turned on the news to see that my Daughter's train from Secaucus to Hoboken crashed into the train station without slowing down. I was petrified with horror and spent the next 20 minutes trying to reach her and her Finance with no success. Finally she texted me to tell me that she takes the earlier train to work in Manhattan. I thanked the Lord and am saying prayers for those who were killed and injured. Love your Children!

·
Slacker
172 Posts
So glad she is okay, prayers for those not so fortunate.

I thought my biggest fear was when she took those first steps, then it was school, then driving, then boys and now college. I think am "just about" prepared for anything, maybe

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Glad your daughter was OK, I don't think a father ever quits worrying about they're kids, pretty special people they are..................

........wife and I was driving home from work last nite and was driving a customers car back to them, about 30 miles from work and I told my wife, you know what my biggest fear is right now, driving this vehicle back to the customer after putting a new windshield in it and having a rock hit it on the way home..................after reading your first post it puts things in perspective, I can buy alot of windshields, but kids can never be replaced.......

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Glad to hear that she's fine.

Every day I deal with the fact that my beautiful 7-year-old girl could ingest some peanut residue from any one of a million places and instantly go into anaphylactic shock. Then if things didn't transpire properly from that point (i.e. an adult injecting her with the epinephrin pens she always carries and getting an ambulance there immediately), she could die. A huge part of me – perhaps all of me – would be gone with her. I have no desire to be part of a world that she's no longer in and my overriding thought would be that I need to get to the place she's gone to and do a better job of watching over her there.

The world is a scary place.

Alyson Airport.JPG

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,723 Posts
I received a call that my daughter was on life-flight after a head-on and my legs gave out instantly. I don't even remember the trip to the hospital although it took over an hour. I do remember mumbling "Cate's being life-flighted" and stumbling into the car. That's about it until they pulled the curtain and I couldn't believe what I saw...some things you know right away you wished you hadn't seen. I didn't lose her but I was prepping for it.

I'm glad your daughter is alright.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
My sincere condolences for the folks on here who lost their children or grandchildren.
I am happy to hear your daughter is safe. The good Lord still has plans for her.

·
Molon Labe
11,984 Posts
Glad she is okay, yes it is scary to hear stuff and not being able to find out the facts

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Glad your daughter is safe and sound.

My kids couldn't realize why I always worry about them............till they had there own children..............They know why now.

Ditchparrot, what a beautiful little girl you have there.

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
I know where DGH is coming from, lost my 35 year old son 3 years ago this month.
I hope no other parents have to go thru that, it is something you never get over and the second guessing of "what if" on a daily if not hourly basis takes it toll.
Glad to here your daughter is okay, cherish them for they are the best thing you will ever do.

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ditchparrot.. what a beautiful and Darling Daughter you have. I've enjoyed a pretty good life. However, I've experienced a few things like losing my Father when he was 53, fighting in the war, almost dying from a car accident right after I got home from overseas. I get all emotionally wrapped up in current events like politics, world issues, strife, war, bigotry etc. It seems that the only time that I experience significant joy and happiness is when I think about my two Children and how much I love them and am proud of them. Their happiness is paramount to me and I would surely give up everything I have today if I could insure their happiness for the rest of their lives. DGH and o-hale... I'll say a prayer tonight for your Children.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I think a parents normal reasoning is that their Children should outlive their parents. To which I agree 500%. I saw what my mother went through when my brother was shot and killed on his 18th birthday. I have friends who have had to burry their children way to soon. Some through their faith in the Lord have been able in some way to move on. One family I know who lost their youngest son in a DUI accident. He was 19 with an older brother. My daughters husband. They have not been able to move on. They have no faith. All they can do is talk constantly about how they miss their youngest son. They continue to have his friends over and have crazy drinking parties. They don't seem to think that this has affected their older son and daughter in law. They live less than a mile away from their living son and his family. A Beautifully and very talented Granddaughter, and they only see them at Christmas and then that isn't a Joyous time for them. I feel sorry for them, but I don't honestly know how I would react and I don't ever want to find out. My faith in the Lord would surely be tested. A test that I can live without. Blade I'm glad for you. DGH I can only offer a prayer for You and Ohale. And PRAYERS to ALL of those parents who have had to live through that. May God Bless All.

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think we can all put our differences aside when we talk about our Children. Unconditional love for them takes precedence over every other distraction. I wish we had more heart felt posts/threads on this site to show everyone that yes we do have a common bond and that is our family, and Children especially. My sympathy and prayers go to all who have lost Children so early in their lives. Belief in a higher being, no matter what name you call your God, seems to work for most of us in times of crisis. But, it also works when you give praise and thanks for the things you have in life.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Worry not and trust in the Lord Jesus............that is all we need to know, he told us that over 2000 years ago, nothing has changed. He is the truth, the light, the way, no comes to the father but through him. My advice, pray often, but do not worry. YMMV Scott

1 - 17 of 17 Posts