Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After my initial post, many questions were asked in the thread and in a surprising number of private messages. As I know everything there is to know about trapshooting, I am happy to truthfully guide you little people as you struggle with our sport. So...let's begin:

7 1/2 or 8: Doesn't matter. Period. I've broken 100s with both. And have shot like Stevie Wonder with both. I hope to never see the question on here again. Thank you for complying.

Best choke?: This topic generally morphs into a horrid argument. If Joe Shooter thinks modified is best, God bless him. It doesn't hurt me a bit. He can shoot what he prefers. However, if God wanted us to use a modified, he wouldn't have invented full.

Options: At a big shoot, there will be guys who average 95% from the 27. Check your singles average and decide if you want to make a donation to a professional. Conversely, it's sometimes fun to bet 20 bucks in the Lewis. It gives you a reason to check the payout sheet and you may get $12.00 back.

Posting "where is the best buy on shells/shot/Kleenex/etc.?": It would help to know where you live. I don't know what Top Guns are going for in Libya.

Hold Point: Somewhere out there above the grass and below the estimated location of the North Star. Some hold high, others low. How can we tell what's best for you?

Junior Gold: The silliest category ever invented. These men could be on their 3rd leave from the Marine Corps and still not have the maturity to shoot with the adults?? Scrap it.

Increase registered shooting: Shoot big 50s (50 singles, 50 caps, 25 pair of dubs) on the weekends instead of 300-bird events. Half the cost, easier on those of us losing our stamina, less time for the club help.

Buy a Turkish gun?: Yes, the Muslims are happy to sell them to us. The money can aid them when they come to the US for pilot training.

Porting: Only works if you drill holes through your stock to balance the muzzle jump.

Well, that's it for today. Always happy to help.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
I still don't know what to do with my hands while waiting my turn to shoot.
I still don't know if my misses are from crossfireing or from canting my gun.
I still don't know why the guy with an 83 average thinks he missed because he saw me wiggle out of the corner of his eye.
I don't expect an answer because Lit is busy and can't be bothered by little people.
Henry

·
Super Moderator
3,238 Posts
Please expand on the "where to buy" topic to include toilet paper.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
For best effect, imagine Garrison Keillor's voice reading Lit's post......

Thank You, from one of the unwashed masses.

·
Registered
21,449 Posts
For best effect, imagine Garrison Keillor's voice reading Lit's post......

Thank You, from one of the unwashed masses.
Nope. Nope. Nope. When Keillor came out of the closet as a gigant liberal-but-pecksniffian moneygrub I quit listening to ANYTHING by him.

Reactions: H M

·
Banned
16,304 Posts
He’s from MN ya know.
Birds of a feather?
Ha ha.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
If I have said it once, I've said it a Million times.
Lit is the only one that can see through the smoke and mirrors and get right to the heart of the matter!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
If I have said it once, I've said it a Million times.
Lit is the only one that can see through the smoke and mirrors and get right to the heart of the matter!
I wouldn't say the only one, but he does it with style.

Nope. Nope. Nope. When Keillor came out of the closet as a gigant liberal-but-pecksniffian moneygrub I quit listening to ANYTHING by him.
That's the point. Yes, Keillor is from Minnesota too, but tries to sound like a Yale English Lit Professor. Kind of like Madonna Louise Ciccone, from Bay City , Michigan, tries to affect a British accent.

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
...like Madonna Louise Ciccone, from Bay City , Michigan, tries to affect a British accent.
She is only British by injection (hubby is a 'limey').

Reactions: jsraney

·
Registered
31,627 Posts
Lit.,

Don’t forget to mention me in your last will and testament. I only interested in your trapguns and trapshooting equipment, none of that skeeter stuff. Unless docbombay, Wadhopper, KSOKIE, Gussers or Tron is interested in that stuff, you should donate it , especially the dresses to the homeless women’s charity.

Reactions: Ram Rod

·
Thorn in your side
8,114 Posts
Lit.,

Don’t forget to mention me in your last will and testament. I only interested in your trapguns and trapshooting equipment, none of that skeeter stuff. Unless docbombay, Wadhopper, KSOKIE, Gussers or Tron is interested in that stuff, you should donate it , especially the dresses to the homeless women’s charity.
OKIE, Doc and I couldn't fit in the tutu's. We are a little more "shapely" than the Lit. Now Wad or Tron might fit them just fine.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Now that I've read the Lit man's posts #1 & 2 - I wonder why I ever bothered to read Bob Brister or Frank Little's books. :)

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,901 Posts
OKIE, Doc and I couldn't fit in the tutu's. We are a little more "shapely" than the Lit. Now Wad or Tron might fit them just fine.
Considering I’ve never shot skeet, looks like Tron’s the lucky winner.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
Dear Lit
I am trying to get my preshot routine under 30 seconds.
It consists of......
1. 5 seconds of looking around.....
2. 8 seconds of deep breathing .......
3. 4 seconds for foot placement.....
4. 10 seconds for motivational thought.....
5. 6 seconds to mount my gun...
6. 3 seconds for the hold point..
7. 14 seconds to focus....
8. Then I quietly call....

If I don't get a target I call for a trap mechanic to replace my speaker.

I currently shoot by myself and would like to find a squad.
Please help .....

Sincerely Henry Winn

·
Registered
14,903 Posts
Dear Lit
It consists of......

Please help .....

Sincerely Henry Winn
You will find the firing squad soon.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,901 Posts
Dear Lit
It consists of......

Please help .....

Sincerely Henry Winn
I think we've shot together before?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts