Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the upstroke i am getting a snag about halfway up and have to get it a little force, then a “pop” and continues on up. You 9000 guys got any suggestions of whats going on?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Try rubbing your finger on your forehead or side of your nose then rub the human oil on the connections on the back side of the loader that causes the turret to be pulled.

Jason

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try rubbing your finger on your forehead or side of your nose then rub the human oil on the connections on the back side of the loader that causes the turret to be pulled.

Jason
Not clear on exactly which suggested part to put the nose-jam on.

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
My 28ga Grabber was doin' sumthin like that for a while, I traced the issue back around to the crimp station. Turns out my collet wasn't re-sizing the shells enough and they were tighter than heck in the crimp die... Got 'er fixed now.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Its the piece that is on the lower right side of the loader and the piece that come down in the back. Pull down the handle watching the lower right side of the loader by the pneumatic piston.

You put a little of the human oil and not the snot from your nose. I suppose you could use some 3 in one oil on a patch. I have oily skin so seeing the problem I just tried my skin oil.

Jason

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Its the piece that is on the lower right side of the loader and the piece that come down in the back. Pull down the handle watching the lower right side of the loader by the pneumatic piston.

You put a little of the human oil and not the snot from your nose. I suppose you could use some 3 in one oil on a patch. I have oily skin so seeing the problem I just tried my skin oil.

Jason
Bet that skin oil comes with a free percentage of salt as well.

Reactions: mg1polo

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
On the upstroke i am getting a snag about halfway up and have to get it a little force, then a “pop” and continues on up. You 9000 guys got any suggestions of whats going on?
Improperly lubricated collet and linkage for the collet with the wrong lubrication. There are better lubes than that silver Anti-Seize.
Super-Web Grease

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Thanks flashmax for the link

As for a little salt with the oil, it is on parts that are constantly rubbing each other, I have not seen any rust even after a long break. But then I don't look, I just rub my nose then the 2 parts and start loading.

Putting a patina on your pipe brought to mind that my father who sewed feather hat bands used to wipe the feathers on his nose.

Jason

·
Registered
21,417 Posts
Thanks flashmax for the link

As for a little salt with the oil, it is on parts that are constantly rubbing each other, I have not seen any rust even after a long break. But then I don't look, I just rub my nose then the 2 parts and start loading.

Putting a patina on your pipe brought to mind that my father who sewed feather hat bands used to wipe the feathers on his nose.

Jason
Watchmakers and repairers use/used sebum as lubrication. It exceeded Whale Oil in lubricity. You can’t hardly find whale oil any more.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Turn the nut on your collet just slightly. My loader was doing the same thing. This nut has to be in just the right position as well as lube it. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Turn the nut on your collet just slightly. My loader was doing the same thing. This nut has to be in just the right position as well as lube it. Hope this helps.
The flats on the collet adjuster must not drag on the red part of the base that sits next to it.

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
When I was a kid I went fishing with Dad. 2 piece rod wouldn't go together very well. Dad rubbed the ferule on the side of his nose and it slid right in.

"Things you never forget"

HM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts