Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just finished hosting 4 days of trapshooting clinics by Nora Ross and she was excellent all the way around. Her teaching techniques are solid,she is great people person and was able to work with first time shooters and experienced shooters with ease and was able to address everyones needs and help them have a more solid foundation to work from and improve.We definitely look forward to having her back and would highly recommend her if your club is interested in hosting a clinic. Thanks George--Flathead Valley Clay Target Club Kalispell Montana.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My wife and I went to her clinic at Peoria Skeet and Trap Club earlier this year. We both benefited greatly from her instruction plus had a very enjoyable time. I'm glad I took notes during the clinic and insured that I didn't rely on my faulty memory. One interesting thing is there are a few things she taught that I thought weren't quite right for me and I changed them slightly. I generally found I needed to go back to how she taught me to do it but my experimentation allowed me to learn why to do it her way. Incidentally, I am a two eyed shooter and her being a one eyed shooter did not stop her from being an excellent instructor for me.

An additional item is that Nora is light framed person that shoots 1 1/8 oz fast fpm loads. My wife and I are rather slender especially by todays normal standards. The stances taught by Leo Harrison and Harlan Cambell in their DVD's don't work for us, we aren't built like them. Using Nora' recoil absorbing posture works much better for my wife and I. We have even removed the recoil pads from our shooting vests, just don't need them any more.

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I feel that taking a couple of clinics is money well spent as you will gain information that will be important to improving your shooting even if you do not adapt all of the things that are being presented.It was interesting when I was talking to one shooter about attending the latest Nora Clinic and they basically said well I would love to go but Im going to shoot a tournament this weekend and that will be cheaper than doing the clinic......so I did just some basic comparison cost wise and really did not see the cost benefit of the registered shoot being cheaper.So they were going to shoot the whole program so that is 600 targets/shells/gas/food ect. so they were at least spending $350.00 for there without playing any options. I was like ok here is the cost basics and we only are doing the Nora clinic once a year so it is a great opportunity to gain some knowledge and there is a great tournament next week so why not give it a try so they did and told me after the clinic was over that they were very pleased and were glad they took the opportunity to take a couple of day to learn some new things :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
I signed up and will be taking her 2 day class in October here in Florida. My only regret is that it is not sooner!!!! I will say that I have been a fan of hers for along time and am looking forward to meeting and learning from one of the best!

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trapreaper you will definitely has a good clinic with Nora :) she is a people person and not aloof at all and always will be open to your trapshooting questions.I would recommend that wherever your taking the clinic make sure they have a good TV for her to plug her camera in as she does a lot of really good video work and has a very steady hand.We had a 36" flatscreen with the proper inputs for her camera and it worked out pretty well.Plan on shooting a lot both days so bring plenty of shells!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
George, you beat me to the punch. I was going to recognize Nora's talent as an instructor as well as a champion trap shooter and one super lady. We, as a club, are so fortunate to have her come to Montana and share her talent. Everyone who took her class last week felt that her class was outstanding and three of the shooters wanted to sign-up for next years class if she agrees to come back next year. One shooter who shot in an ATA event last weekend, told me he gained five targets in handicap. Nora, thank you again for coming to the Flathead Valley Clay Target Club.
Tafford

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nora lives in southern Ohio just north of Kentucky with her husband Randy. She's originally from Kentucky.

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,760 Posts
That's her. I'd say Middletown is the closest larger club to Nora & Randy. They're not all that far from Hillsboro, in Highland Co.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts