Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and a buddy who knew what he was doing reset the traps at the gun club I shoot at. I don't think they have been set in years. trap #1 was throwing 3' to high and 5' outside of the boundary, and 1o yards to far. Trap #2 was throwing birds 2' low, 8 to 10 yards out of bounds, and about 15 yards to far. we reset everything with a lazer based off the height and and angles of the #3 station. according to ATA rules. It should be interesting to see the effects on the scores.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Myself and a buddy who knew what he was doing reset the traps at the gun club I shoot at. I don't think they have been set in years. trap #1 was throwing 3' to high and 5' outside of the boundary, and 1o yards to far. Trap #2 was throwing birds 2' low, 8 to 10 yards out of bounds, and about 15 yards to far. we reset everything with a lazer based off the height and and angles of the #3 station. according to ATA rules. It should be interesting to see the effects on the scores.
please come over to our club.
jack mc

·
Registered
531 Posts
I guess I am very lucky....I watch the people out at my club checking the traps at least every couple weeks. I will say they are consistent from one field to the other.

Reap

·
Registered
530 Posts
IMO the trap should be (re)set for height and speed everyday shooting day. That way you account for conditions, and assuming it is a PAT, you let the tension off the band between shooting days.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IMO the trap should be (re)set for height and speed everyday shooting day. That way you account for conditions, and assuming it is a PAT, you let the tension off the band between shooting days.
Pat! our traps are so old and obsolete we haven't been able to find spare parts for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts