Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today on my first shot the gun went “click”. Opened the action and the round stayed in the chamber. Hit the bolt release and tried again , “click”. Opened the gun and same thing, round still in the chamber. I pulled it apart and the washer on the gas piston was bent and didn’t want to fit back into the sleeve on the barrel nice and smoothly like normal. Of course I didn’t force it. Normally it slides right in. I looked at a new A 400 and there’s only one extractor clip. I thought I broke it lost one but all looked normal at the bolt. The only thing out of sorts was the piston washer. Would this cause the bolt to not extract the round? It appeared as if the barrel was attached properly. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
You can try and bend that washer back into shape/place. They say what typically causes that washer to bend out of shape is if you don’t insert it into the barrel gas housing when you reassemble the gun (eg is loose on the magazine tube rod).

as far as the bolt click, i’ve had that happen a few times, but only when the gun is dirty and I haven’t cleaned the bolt (it gets kind of gummed up), so flush it out good with gun scrubber while working the bolt head, then use a drop or 2 of light oil.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just read something on Shotgun World that states exactly what you said. Not sure I’m gonna try to straighten it. I think I’m just gonna order a new one. I don’t wanna chance damaging the gas sleeve. But boy I gotta say, I love this gun.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know how to change the piston ring on my existing piston? I can buy just the ring itself.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The ring comes on the piston together as an assembly. It's about $65.
The reason there was a click and then it wouldn't extract the shell is because the bent gas piston prevented the bolt from going into battery.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Midwest sell the piston assembled for $50, and the ring for $12. So buy both and see if you can replace the bent ring. Always good to have a spare...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts