Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's uncle is turning 90 on January 24th. He is a WW II veteran and in his later years has become a bit of a recluse.

He doesn't want a party, so his family is asking for birthday cards in hopes of receiving 90 for his 90th. If any of my TS.com family could see there way to send him a card, I & my wife would really appreciate it. I know he will too!

Thanks in advance, Harv & Debbie Shell.

Keith "Fox" Lockwood

420 Jackson St.

Wilmington, Il. 60481

·
Registered
796 Posts
Will do Harv. When do you want us to start sending now or wait until a little closer to B-day ?

again Thanks for the hat. Fun shooting yesterday !!

Mark

·
Super Moderator
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Closer to birthday would be great, thanks Mark. Good thing we weren't shooting today, lol. Were you high yesterday, good shooting in that weather. Harv

·
Super Moderator
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll get it to you Devi, pm your email please. And thanks for the generous gift. Harv

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Harv,

Card will be on the way soon. Very few of the Great Generation left. These folks gave us a world that was better than the one they lived in...I hope our generation can do the same.

See you in Sparta? Coming to the Southern Grand?

Bob Schultz

·
Super Moderator
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob, yes on Sparta. Going to shoot the whole thing for the first time. Not going to the Southern Grand, taking the bride to Maui in May for our 40th.

Bulge, Army Air Corps. He doesn't talk about it, but he did tell me once he spent some time flying around shoving out bundles of propaganda.

Thanks again for the help, Harv.

·
Super Moderator
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty dapper my wife says.

·
Super Moderator
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He was a gunner stationed in Burma & India.

·
Super Moderator
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Up for the AM crowd, Happy New Year.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I'll also get a card in the mail.

On a similar note, when my Grandmother turned 90, we had everyone we know ask a friend in another state, or an over-the-road trucker to mail her a pre-made birthday card.

When she opened these from all those different states, she was quite shocked, and pleased.

We also had a Christian male stripper give her a show. He came in dressed as the old man on the tricycle on Laugh In. We had a ball with that.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Harv, I meant to tell you and Debbie that one of my sons is 82nd airborne. He has done a number of tours in The Middle East and is now at West Point teaching. Tell Keith to read the back of the painting when it arrives.

·
Super Moderator
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again Devi, great job. I'm sure he will treasure it! Harv

·
Super Moderator
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a reminder, birthday is coming up this Friday. Thanks to all who have sent cards or are sending cards, it will make an old guy very happy. Thanks again Devi, picture is delivered and stowed away until Friday. Harv

·
Registered
219 Posts
shotshell, i did a card request for my wifes 50th birthday posted on here and through family and friends and got over 100 cards we got cards from the far east and west coast. our card is in the mail and i hope he gets his 90 plus cards. steve

1 - 20 of 21 Posts