Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking at possibly purchasing a 90 T but know little about them. What are the upgrades that I always hear mentioned ? Also how would I know if they had been done by visually inspecting the gun? ( What would I look for ??) Thanks Joel Brown

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Joel:

There are two updates (not upgrades) for the 90-T.

The first is the angle of the locking lug. I'm not sure it's possible for a non-professional to determine the angle by visual inspection.

The second update applies to the forearm. The photo below was 'borrowed' from Doug Braker's web site, http://dougsgunsmithshop.com/index.cfm/pageid/5. It shows what an updated forearm looks like.

BTW, Mr. Braker posts on here as GunDr and is the go to guy for 90-T information and work.

sissy

recoilsissy_2008_0303_1130.jpg

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
As you do your research, you'll find that there were two "models" of the 90T. One is a low fixed rib, the other the HPAR that had a higher adjustable rib. Use the search function on this forum and you can learn a lot about the 90T. I shoot the HPAR version and love it. To me the low rib and high rib feel very different, but I am probably in the minority in my preference (especially since fewer HPAR's were built).

David

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
There are also two barrel options. One was a heavy barrel ( very very heavy gun) The thinner barrel is also heavy but not so much. I have only seen one heavy barrel but I know others are out there

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Joel:

Here's what a forearm looks like if it hasn't been updated.

recoilsissy_2008_0303_1131.jpg

sissy

PS: Read the notes on page 5 of Mr. Braker's web site and you'll almost certainly find some informative comments about 90-T's. One example explains when and why the locking lug update may apply and may not on any given 90-T.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts