Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have, or have had, a Remington 90T HPAR do you have, or have you seen, any information that Remington may have furnished regarding how much "point of impact" change is made with each of the 4 holes in the adjustment on the rib.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Bob

·
5,242 Posts
Have one and have no clue... contact Doug Braker - GunDr... Doug's Gunsmith Shop, MN

·
Registered
553 Posts
Had one years ago, it went from 60% to 100% , I have seen others that would only go to 80%. It depends a lot on the shooter, no two people see the same sight picture, one bead height does make a difference at 35yd. Joe

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I just asked Keith Sprangers and he said he hadn't been asked that question in 20 years. He thought about 10% and a little more if you raise the comb in conjunction with the rib to keep the same sight picture. And, as Joe said everyone sees things a little differently.
beretta687eell_2008_030318.jpg

beretta687eell_2008_030319.jpg

Just to make sure that you are aware you need to have both screws in the same rib support holes .... Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
This is posted in the for sale section...

First off...I will have pictures soon...

I now have "aftermarket" higher shooting ribs for the adjustable high-rib Remington 90-T. These are a direct replacement, so no fitting is needed.

The ribs look identical to the oringinal factory rib except extra material is left at the rear of the rib and an extra .050" is removed from the muzzle end.

There are two different ribs available. So as not to get the ribs confused let's call #1 rib the original factory rib. #2 will be the next higher shooter and #3 the highest shooter.

#1 Rib...Factory orignal rib. Point of impact at 40yds, figure 8 bead alignment, is "0" to 4" high. (50/50 to 60/40)

#2 Rib... has an additional .100" at the top rear of the rib and .050" less at the top muzzle. Point of impact is 4" to 8" high. (60/40 to 80/22)

#3 Rib...has an addtional .150" at the top rear of the rib and .050" less at the top muzzle. Point of impact is 9" to 12" high. (80/20 to 90/10)

I'm currently Cera-koting the ribs black. The point of impacts posted above are my results shooting from a bench.

This is a very limited run of ribs and its highly unlikely I'll ever run more. If you've ever thought of getting a higher shooter in the past, here's your chance. Even if you believe what you have now is sufficient, if wouldn't hurt to have a spare if the current one ever gets damaged.

There currently are no holes drilled for beads. I will install a white Bradley front sight and a silver middle bead at no charge if requested. I have other beads...fiber-optics and white middle beads for a minimumal charge. I also have the popular Hi-Viz fiber-optic Comp Sight for 39.95. No charge for the installation.

Price--$400...includes shipping.

If you want me to install the rib, just pay for the round trip shipping of your barrel.

Doug Braker (GunDr)

218-947-3600

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
What Doug talks about mirrors my limited experience with mine. Fairly flat shooting until I start moving the comb up and getting some space between the beads to separate the figure 8. Although on quirk I have noticed is that the POI jumps significantly for me when the comb is raised and I go from the third highest point hole to the 4th. Probably just me...

Regards,

Chip

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doug:

I have read somewhere that these guns were manufactured with two variations of high point ribs, depending on when the gun was made. Seems like they were different widths maybe.

Any truth to that story?

Bob

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Bob,

A friend of mine has a 90-T HPAR that has both of the original factory ribs. As I recall, both are the same width and there were not very many made. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bill:

Do you know what the difference is between the ribs?

I would like to know which one I have and what makes them different.

Thanks for the input.

Bob

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
The pictures that I posted are of the standard rib, which Doug calls the # 1 rib. Doug's # 2 rib would be the higher shooting Kolar made rib. I can measure mine if it would help. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
The gun was manufactured with only one rib height. A few months into production of the hi rib guns Kolar did make about a dozen ribs like the #2 rib described above. Those sold rather quickly and were never offered again, until now.

Those higher shooting ribs sold for $300 at the [email protected] 1995. A small change with the cnc program make the job quite simple. Though the Mainlands at Kolar were kind enough to give me a print of the original rib, my local machine shop had to write up a new program and make fixtures, and being such a small run, I had to bump the price from the original from almost 20 years ago.

My apologies for the little sales pitch. This post is targeted to the 90-T owners looking for more history on the gun.

Doug

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doug:

I appreciate your information on the point of impact on the original rib that came with the gun. Much less than I would have suspected.

If indeed 50/50 to 60/40 is the range of adjustment, how does that compare to point of impact on the 90T low rib. I have both, so am very interested in any information I can get.

Thanks

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts