Trapshooters Forum banner

9000G breaking parts

2355 21
My mec 9000 keeps breaking a part called a handle bolt. It is listed at part 31 on the parts list of a 9000 G on the MEC website. I have been buying grade four bolts and they still only last 4 to 6 months before breaking. Any suggestions?
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Premium Member
8,008 Posts
I agree, the bolt is acting like a fuse, and breaks when something else is not working properly. If he puts a Grade 8 bolt in there, something probably more expensive will be breaking. Call MEC
It like my Ponswes Warren when I use the electric unless the clutch slips properly and something is wrong I will bend or break something
Find what is causing the damage it could be the
actuator rod
The collet was always the cause of something for meactuator rod
Good call
Steve

· Registered
36,813 Posts
Honestly, I would go to Curly for 9000 help first! Advice is every bit as good as MEC, and might get an answer faster!!

Just out of curiosity who is Curly.
I know you wouldn't have recommended him if you didn't have trust in him.
Steve

It is Curly N, not Curly, who posts here from time to time.

Anyone that wants to send me their MECs (any model) because of frustration, please do so. Don’t forget to include the 25 dollars disposal fee.

· Registered
36,813 Posts
$50 is what most stuff ships for.lol
Steve
The 25 dollars is not for shipping, I expect sender to pay that. The 25 is for me to cover handling cost once it arrives.

Reactions: charleyj10

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Household hardware Auto part Rectangle Metal Font
Line Tool Font Gun barrel Rectangle

Call MEC and get two new bolts. The top bolt in the top picture is what you will need. It came from MEC the last time I broke one. The other two broken bolts are grade 8 from the hardware store. The threads weaken the bolt and it snaps at the base of the threads. The bolts from MEC are full diameter out past the stress point on the bolts.
If you can find a bolt locally that has the short threaded section it should work also. I couldn't source one locally so I ordered from MEC. Had in less than a week.

Search a thread "MEC 9000g Broke Again" there is additional information there.

Good Luck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.