Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Remington 90-T and wanted to know what type of tool is needed to remove the stock. It looks like Remington may have supplied a tool with a new gun.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
The following informative 90-T screw/wrench sizes were provided in a post by Mr. Braker last November...

The hex bolt in the stock takes a 3/16" wrench.

The smaller wrench for the trigger housing and adjustable stocks is 3/32".

The wrench size for the forend shoe, pivot screw of the adjustable rib, and the rear trigger guard screw is 5/64".

The size for the out-of-battery screw in the trigger housing is 1/16".

The smallest wrench needed is .050". This is needed for all of the small 4-40 set screws.

·
5,550 Posts
I bought a pair of Bondhus long handled hex driver/wrenches... available at many popular hardware locations...

Jay

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a stock wrench for a 90 T,I don't own one.Give me your address I will ship it to you You pay me the shipping I don't need it have plenty of tools,Dan

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
The long screwdriver type handle that Remington sent with these guns is not real effective if the stock bolt is tight. I would just go to harbor frieght or ?? and buy a long T handle hex wrench. Also I remember reading an article by Doug about how it can break off in the stock leaving you a difficult repair

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
The Remington wrench would not break. The wrenches I was referring to were the ones with the "ball" on the end. If your wrench has one, grind the ball portion off so you do not have to send me your rec/stock to dig the ball out of the screw socket.

Doug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.