Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When shooting a 870 with a release trigger, how do you unset the trigger if you get a broken bird or some other problem? Who makes a really good release for a 870?...SMOKIT

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
On my 870 release, all I have to do is, while holding the trigger, push the slide release button on the trigger and slide the forend back towards the receiver. Once open, the trigger resets automatically. Mine is a Schwab release... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
On my Timney 870 and 1100 releases, just pushing the slide release button upward resets the trigger.

Ed

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
SMOKIT---There is one for sale in the "For Sale" section here. I can't remember who had it but it was a nice looking complete trigger system set up for release. Buy that one and that way you could go back to pull easily by swapping the whole trigger. I believe the guy wanted $165 for the whole thing.---Matt

I went and checked and its user name "alant" that has it for sale for $165. Sounds like a good deal to me. The guys name is Alan. PM him if interested.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Same as AveragEd just push up on slide release and let trigger go. To check yours simply put in a Empty hull"and see if it works for you. if you take trigger out you can do this and should be able to see release hook come out of slot. Alan always has good triggers and good prices. Tom R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.