Trapshooters Forum banner

870 TB value

1728 16
Hello all

Over the weekend I picked up an 870 TB 30” 14” LOP for $160. I’ve considered flipping it. I was given a Monte Carlo stock version about 4 years ago. So I don’t necessarily need to keep this newest one. It’s from the mid 70s with a touch of surface rust speckled on the receiver. Oil did take care of it.

With all that said, what do you think it’s worth? In the end I might keep it but stock work is required to make it fit me.

Justin
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
358 Posts
Hello all

Over the weekend I picked up an 870 TB 30” 14” LOP for $160. I’ve considered flipping it. I was given a Monte Carlo stock version about 4 years ago. So I don’t necessarily need to keep this newest one. It’s from the mid 70s with a touch of surface rust speckled on the receiver. Oil did take care of it.

With all that said, what do you think it’s worth? In the end I might keep it but stock work is required to make it fit me.

Justin
Recently sold one for $630. purchased for $275. Flipping it may make some sense.

· Registered
12,997 Posts
I have seen them go for anywhere from 350 to 500 . IMO About 400 to 450 is a reasonable price, but it's really what someone is will to pay. You might consider keeping it. There are plenty of 870 stocks around and a simple spacer would work to add to the length of pull. I have 3 ---two TAs and a TB . Not getting rid of any !

· Registered
138 Posts
Hello all

Justin
Sent you a pm

· Premium Member
8,259 Posts
Hello all

Justin
I am pretty sure one should be worth $300.
You know what? I could probably spare that amount if you wanted to make some quick coin.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well as two of you now know. My LGS doubled my money towards a Winchester model 70 I’ve been eyeing for a little while. I will say this, had it been a standard wingmaster 28” with fixed mod choke, it’d still be at home with me. The hunt continues!!!

· Registered
57 Posts
I think you got an excellent deal. I just paid $635+shipping. It was in good shape overall but definitely saw use and had some marks to prove it. I had a wingmaster that I stole as well, paid $200 for it and it was mint. I mean NIB mint. I didn't know my shotguns and thought 870's were a dime a dozen and if I wanted another one I could just go get one, I sold it for $200 at the gun shop to put toward another gun, it took me about a year or so to realize how dumb that was and ended up buying a different one at 3× the price and used..... live and learn.

· Premium Member
8,259 Posts
Sold it to the LGS for my Winchester model 70 with the BOSS system.
Don't know what your LGS gave you for it but a TB as you described would easily bring $500 as you described and most likely sell in under 24hrs. With the increase in used pricing most likely related to the new owners announcement the used guns of the past have been steadily increasing.

Also, whatever they gave you on trade, typically on a gun like you purchased if used you can buy $75-$100 less than sticker with green backs on the counter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.